MPSCS (New Lenawee Simulcast cell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robotech2112

Carbon Unit.
Premium Subscriber
Should I wait until the control channels are determined before programming the cell? I realize they are still working it.
If I already programmed ALL site freqs would that work when the cell goes active?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Should I wait until the control channels are determined before programming the cell? I realize they are still working it.
If I already programmed ALL site freqs would that work when the cell goes active?

Yes, you should wait. You do not want your scanner locking onto the control channel of a site that is not actually carrying traffic.

You do not need to program all the site freqs, if youhave a scanner built in the last 10 years. You only need the control channels, and the talkgroups you want to scan.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
The Lenawee County Simulcast cell is tentatively scheduled to be fully online by November 1, 2019. Prior to that time, the radio technicians should bring the system online for radio and range testing. I would scan the frequencies looking for a new data channel, but make sure you're not locking onto the existing Adrian or Rollin sites that will remain online until the cutover date. Then you can listen to the new site.

73's

Ron

Robotech2112

Carbon Unit.
Premium Subscriber
Watching emergency vehicles of all types in Lenawee Co. for new 800Mhz Antennas. Have not spotted any yet. I did note "Puck Antennas" on Tecumseh Police vehicles this past week. Cant say if they are new as I never paid much attention past the 1/4 wave 155Mhz whip.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Today is the go live date for this system to come online. Any control channel activity being heard on the new frequency pairs?

73's

Ron

Robotech2112

Carbon Unit.
Premium Subscriber
I just happened to be in Tecumseh near the tower site when I read Ron's posting .
I turned on my Unication G5 which has the Lenawee simulcast frequencies programmed into it.
it did not connect to site 1/92.

As a precaution previously... I deleted site 1/6 so that it would not lock on to the Adrian site.
when I turned on my radio it locked on to the Monroe site 2/18 (from Tecumseh).

So either I do not have a proper control channel programmed or the site is not live yet .

I am hoping one of the site 1/92 frequencies will become a control channel, since i have all 9 programmed as a precaution.

I am in Tecumseh once per week and test accordingly.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Today is the go live date for this system to come online. Any control channel activity being heard on the new frequency pairs?

73's

Ron

It is not on the air as of a few moments ago and does not report as a neighbor site to places it should; also Adrian and Manitou Beach are still online; like most deployments, schedules are guidelines and subject to change; my guess is by the end of next week it will be on-air for testing.

fireresq2825

"Lenawee simulcast frequencies programmed into it.
it did not connect to site 1/92."

Who said it would be 1/92?

fireresq2825

On the air with some testing on MOTOZ1. I have it on good authority that only 3 TG's are available during this. Will be up and down this week, on for coverage testing next week with the limited TG's.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
As with all new simulcasts coming online, it will be on during the day for the "can you hear me now" testing and then turned off each day when completed; the system will remain isolated until all testing is completed and a conversion date is set. Looking at the system today, the site shows isolated still and it will not allow other foreign radios to affiliate to it; only those involved with testing will be allowed on the simulcast cell, and usually limited to only a few talkgroups as you indicated.

Robotech2112

Carbon Unit.
Premium Subscriber
Per radio reference I changed the site numbers from 1/92 to 1/25. I was able to aquire the Lenawee Cell from the Deerfield area. (No traffic heard)

Because of Deerfield's location mind you when turning on my Unication G5 I never know whether I'm going to lock on to Lenawee, Washtenaw or Monroe.....depending upon how the unit "feels".

I will be able to do more expensive listening on 1/25 when I visit my mother in Tecumseh this weekend.

Robotech2112

Carbon Unit.
Premium Subscriber
Ok.... Update. Friday 11/8/19. I was in Adrian and Tecumseh today.

I have sites 1/6 and 1/7 deleted from my Unication G5 in anticipation of Lenawee Simulcast Site 1/19. All 9 frequencies are programmed to be sure of control channel acquisition.

Must not have been "on" today . When I turned on my G5 in downtown Adrian it acquired site 2/18 Monroe Co. Weak.
When I turned it on in Tecumseh multiple times I would either acquire site 2/22 Washtenaw or 2/18 Monroe.

Ill check it again next week.

:geek:

FYI.

fireresq2825

Ok.... Update. Friday 11/8/19. I was in Adrian and Tecumseh today.

I have sites 1/6 and 1/7 deleted from my Unication G5 in anticipation of Lenawee Simulcast Site 1/19. All 9 frequencies are programmed to be sure of control channel acquisition.

Must not have been "on" today . When I turned on my G5 in downtown Adrian it acquired site 2/18 Monroe Co. Weak.
When I turned it on in Tecumseh multiple times I would either acquire site 2/22 Washtenaw or 2/18 Monroe.

Ill check it again next week.

:geek:

FYI.
It won't be on again until Monday. Then you'll see some channels with a steady test pattern and others will be carrying voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.