MPSCS (New Lenawee Simulcast cell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Many of the fire departments across the county have been testing out their new handheld radios over the past week. Currently, the radio techs are installing mobile radios in fire apparatus on the east side of the county. Likewise, Pittsford Twp. and Somerset Twp. Fire Departments in Hillsdale County have also been doing radio testing with Lenawee County. I have a feeling they are very close to switching over to the new TRS very shortly.

73's

Ron

fireresq2825

Many of the fire departments across the county have been testing out their new handheld radios over the past week. Currently, the radio techs are installing mobile radios in fire apparatus on the east side of the county. Likewise, Pittsford Twp. and Somerset Twp. Fire Departments in Hillsdale County have also been doing radio testing with Lenawee County. I have a feeling they are very close to switching over to the new TRS very shortly.

73's

Ron
It is indeed getting closer. The simulcast should be going live at a date very near that I'm not at liberty to discuss right now. But simulcast go live and user cutover are two separate discussions, one contingent upon the other..

rmoden

I was wondering if any one could give me advice in this thread on which scanner would work well with new 800 mhz system going into lenawee county. I would like to be able to scan Lenawee and also the surrounding counties like Washtenaw, Jackson, and Monroe. I don't have a lot of experience with 800 since lenawee has always been vhf. Looking to keep the price under $400. I am pretty tech savvy and will take any suggestions.

RetiredVolunteer

Premium Subscriber
Both Jackson County and Lenawee County are or will be utilizing multi-site simulcast systems. Depending on your location simulcast may or may not be a issue. Some scanners do not handle simulcast systems well thus requiring the newer SDS scanners which cost between $600 to $700.

Hit_Factor

No sub $400 options exist.

If you get something other than the SDS you'll likely struggle with simulcast. In an effort to fix that yagi antennas and attenuator may be necessary. Everything costs.. and it might not be resolved.

A g4 pager will do an excellent job, but you need to fully understand how it is not a scanner. With one of these you could listen to next County, but might not hear your County. It just depends what radio traffic is on the tower it locks onto.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if any one could give me advice in this thread on which scanner would work well with new 800 mhz system going into lenawee county. I would like to be able to scan Lenawee and also the surrounding counties like Washtenaw, Jackson, and Monroe. I don't have a lot of experience with 800 since lenawee has always been vhf. Looking to keep the price under $400. I am pretty tech savvy and will take any suggestions.

Scanning systems like MPSCS is a paradigm shift. If you really want to minimize costs, you can try using an SDR dongle setup, but that involves a bit of a learning curve.

With simulcast signal complications, a newer scanner is highly recommended. (As others have said.)

Robotech2112

Carbon Unit.
Premium Subscriber
Update January 3, 2020.

In Tecumseh and Adrian unable to aquire control channels on site 1/25.

However, when I'm at home in Monroe County and have acquired site 2/18... I am able to hear Lenawee central dispatch on talk group 1260. The base has that "P25 audio" whereas the mobiles sound as if they're still being patched over from VHF.

I am hoping that Tecumseh Police gets a dedicated proprietary channel for car to car usage.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Update January 3, 2020.

In Tecumseh and Adrian unable to aquire control channels on site 1/25.

However, when I'm at home in Monroe County and have acquired site 2/18... I am able to hear Lenawee central dispatch on talk group 1260. The base has that "P25 audio" whereas the mobiles sound as if they're still being patched over from VHF.

I am hoping that Tecumseh Police gets a dedicated proprietary channel for car to car usage.

With as much as Lenawee learned from Washtenaw, while sitting in on radio consortium meetings, I am sure each agency will have that availability.

Sting11

Premium Subscriber
From the Lenawee/Lucas (OH) county line, I have yet to be able to receive a signal from the Lenawee Simulcast. From my location I receive a very strong signal from the Monroe Simulcast site 0018, and a weak but usable signal from Washtenaw Simulcast site 0022 and Adrian site 0006.

This is with an SDS200 hooked to an attic-mounted D130J discone.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
From the Lenawee/Lucas (OH) county line, I have yet to be able to receive a signal from the Lenawee Simulcast. From my location I receive a very strong signal from the Monroe Simulcast site 0018, and a weak but usable signal from Washtenaw Simulcast site 0022 and Adrian site 0006.

This is with an SDS200 hooked to an attic-mounted D130J discone.

Have you checked for the simulcast on another frequency, for testing?

fireresq2825

[QUOTE="krokus, post: 3237796,
All I tried was using the “Analyze“ function on the SDS200. I’ll check individual frequencies next.
[/QUOTE]
You can't find what's not on the air yet. But stay tuned, you never know what might happen very soon...

fireresq2825

With testing going on, the sites should be on the air, but not accepting affiliates, except the testing radios.
The testing is long done. The new site is not on the air. But who knows what you could see within a half hour or so from now.

Agcox

Premium Subscriber
Lenawee County Sheriff just posted they are live on the new system. Unfortunately not home to check my scanner yet but will check after work.

Robotech2112

Carbon Unit.
Premium Subscriber
I was in Adrian and Tecumseh yesterday and did not acquire the lenawee site because I do not believe it's on the air.

When I turned on my radio it immediately acquired the Monroe County simulcast from downtown Adrian. I have all 9 frequencies from the lenawee site programmed, So I do not believe I am missing anything.
I believe the other member who says the site is just not on yet but will be very shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.