MSP Post and Radio Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

mkoronka said:
I am trying to picture a radio which I have not seen. When selecting a tg does one turn a a knob until the correct tg is displayed or does one select a zone then find a tg in that zone? Did not really confuse me more but now I want to know the physical operations of the radio. Thanks.

That is going to depend on the make and model of the radio, along with how that particular radio has been programmed.

For those details, get with a qualified instructor, who is familiar with the jurisdiction's radios. (Someone that has been through the MPSCS Train the Trainer course.)

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Battle Creek troopers (Post 57) are still using their 57xx numbers, even though BC is now a detachment of the Coldwater Post.

drdispatch

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

For those details, get with a qualified instructor, who is familiar with the jurisdiction's radios. (Someone that has been through the MPSCS Train the Trainer course.)

I am, I have, and I PM'd him, so he should be all set.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Let me see if I understand this. I am in Gratiot County- MSP D1 until October 1. Gratiot is now MSP D6. Is it still MPSCS D1? The radio ID's all suggest that. Heard traffic on the D1 emergency management TG yesterday and they mentioned Gratiot as being D1.

Gratiot is still in emergency management District 1.

I've heard rumors MSP will try to change that at next week's conference, but I'd expect such a move to be fought extremely hard by the EMs since that's pretty stupid.

drdispatch

Premium Subscriber
MSP DIstricts vs Radio Zones

Let me see if I understand this. I am in Gratiot County- MSP D1 until October 1. Gratiot is now MSP D6. Is it still MPSCS D1? The radio ID's all suggest that. Heard traffic on the D1 emergency management TG yesterday and they mentioned Gratiot as being D1.

I think you might be confusing MSP Districts with the MPSCS trunking zones; the trunking zones have not changed - those were established when the system was set up by Motorola - the trunking zone is what determines the radio's ID #, and they are the first digit of the site numbers in the RR DB. The MSP districts are what have been modified.

hazard78

Feed Provider
Actually REGLEIN3 and REGLEIN1 are patched together, due to Groveland still going to be dispatched thru Station 20 and Groveland radios not having the right talkgroups in there template.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I think you might be confusing MSP Districts with the MPSCS trunking zones; the trunking zones have not changed - those were established when the system was set up by Motorola - the trunking zone is what determines the radio's ID #, and they are the first digit of the site numbers in the RR DB. The MSP districts are what have been modified.

That's what he is talking about... MSP units in Gratiot Co won't be on D1 talkgroups anymore, assuming their radios were programmed. For example, they wouldn't use MSP1. However the Emergency Management programs are (for now, and forever if the state has any brains) still going to use EMMD1.

Billjones91581

Banned
Actually REGLEIN3 and REGLEIN1 are patched together, due to Groveland still going to be dispatched thru Station 20 and Groveland radios not having the right talkgroups in there template.

What TG is REGLEIN3? I keep hearing Post 27 cars on TG 1043 and the DB says its D35POST. There's nothing in it labeled REGLEIN3...

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
From what I just read in the newspaper, Adrian Post #18 will close at the end of the day on October 14, 2011. Likewise, the Ypsilanti Post #26 will close on October 16, 2011. Other posts will close in the coming weeks and months.

73s

Ron

drdispatch

Premium Subscriber
Effective Saturday, October 15, the Battle Creek Post will become a detachment of the Coldwater Post (54). Starting Monday, October 17, all troopers assigned to Battle Creek will begin using 54xx radio numbers, with the exception of 8 troopers who will be transferring out on October 30, & will continue to use their old 57xx numbers until that time.

Also in listening on my days off, I noticed that REGD5N, which was used by Battle Creek, Paw Paw, & South Haven, has gone silent; and REGD5S, which was used by posts in the counties along the state line, & previously was unused in the north part of the district, has sprung to life off the Battle Creek towers, with traffic between Station 50 & 54 units.

Will try to find out what the new District 5 TG configuration is, & post it when I do.

slash

FYI, About a week ago I heard 61xx do a test on Ottawa County Sheriff dispatch, so I surmise that units covering Grand Haven's old MSP post #64 which is now a detachment now identifies as 61xx

mkoronka

WOW!!! Since 1974 I have been listening to the 7th district and it is hard to change to the new radio calls. Since Cheboygan (72) and and Petoskey (78) are now detachments of Gaylord (73) they have become 73-XXX units. I have not yet figured out their scheme of numbering. The old Cadillac (76) has become 71 which used to be Traverse City and Traverse City and Kalkaska (79) are detachments of Cadillac which is now 71. Houghton Lake which used to be 75 is now 72 which was Cheboygan. With all that said it leaves me mixed up listening to the scanner now. I have heard rumors of Rick the snick Snyder wants to close down the Gaylord dispatch center which handles the 7th and the 3rd district. They were helping out on the 6th district until everything was completed in Lansing after Rockford closed. Some of the same things that happened in Rockford before they closed are happening here however no one wants to elaborate on that. Maybe Rick wants to see all of the Motorola consoles out of the lower peninsula every day down in Lansing.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I have heard rumors of Rick the snick Snyder wants to close down the Gaylord dispatch center which handles the 7th and the 3rd district.

Actually that's all wrong... There was a bill introduced in the house to consolidate ALL 911 centers into a handful around the state. MSP is behind this, not Gov Snyder.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/itstrategicplan/M_MPSCS_Web_234574_7.pdf

The reason MSP wants it? Because 911 phone fees add up to a LOT of money. Right now it goes to the counties, but if the state handles dispatching they get all the money. 911 calls would be routed over IP to the dispatch centers, and then they would use MPSCS and/or Internet lines to connect back to the radios in the city/county.

I'll refrain from offering my opinion, but a few weeks ago I called 911 for assistance in front of the "Delta Center Cemetery" with no address. They knew where it was at. I'm not so sure a dispatcher in Warren would know that info...

mkoronka

Thanks for the info rdale. There are a few worked up dispatchers here in fear of a transfer or job loss and are not saying much. Gov. Snyder's name has been batted around here but you how fast people will blame the one at the top when the real decisions are made at other levels. With all of the closures of posts and the cuts the almighty $$ I bet looks good to the MSP about now. I still have to wonder how safe the center is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.