Msp Semi Marked Tahoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

gg750

DBennett said:
MSP seems to have two CVPI slick tops one blue the other grey at post 71.

You're right. I saw the the grey one today...must be brand new.

I'll try to grab some pics of the chargers, but the cops here take their cars home with them. It might look weird if I started taking pictures in their driveway.

There is a partial pic of the a Grand Traverse county marked charger at their website...link below.

http://www.co.grand-traverse.mi.us/departments/Sheriff_s_Office.htm

G

bigbluemsp

gg750 said:
You're right. I saw the the grey one today...must be brand new.

I'll try to grab some pics of the chargers, but the cops here take their cars home with them. It might look weird if I started taking pictures in their driveway.

There is a partial pic of the a Grand Traverse county marked charger at their website...link below.

http://www.co.grand-traverse.mi.us/departments/Sheriff_s_Office.htm

G

Im glad MSP started using the semi-marked cars again. The last time they used them was the mid 1970's then they disbanded them for what ever reason. I think the new Col at the time didn't like them.

But its nice seeing them on the road because people look for white or MSP Blue and not the other colors on the freeways and interstates.

gg750

P1210053.jpg

One shot of the new grey (it's really more like a metallic silver) MSP car at the Traverse City post. I'll grab a few more when the weather is more cooperative. 7116 is the plate # for those in the area listening.

G

Last edited:

DBennett

I noticed MSP doesn't slap those silly stop signs on the hoods of the grey, metallic silver vehicles. This vehicle has LED lights all around for those who were wondering.

ttrat

I love that Tahoe... I want one.
Lenawee County Sheriff just got some a (some) Charger(s). Those are the best looking cop cars I've ever seen. They are ALL black, and the markings are black too. You can only see them when the light is right. There is absolutely no chrome anywhere, even the spot lights are black. Heck, I think the headlights are black too (haha). All the emergency lights are LEDs on the inside of the windows, none outside.
I want one of those too, with as much of the police package that i'm allowed to get. REAL sharp looking car!

bigbluemsp

ttrat said:
I love that Tahoe... I want one.
Lenawee County Sheriff just got some a (some) Charger(s). Those are the best looking cop cars I've ever seen. They are ALL black, and the markings are black too. You can only see them when the light is right. There is absolutely no chrome anywhere, even the spot lights are black. Heck, I think the headlights are black too (haha). All the emergency lights are LEDs on the inside of the windows, none outside.
I want one of those too, with as much of the police package that i'm allowed to get. REAL sharp looking car!

Can you get pics?

denseglow

Honestly, I think MSP's car's would look much nicer if they went with a color like black. I saw an un-marked black MSP up by St. Clair, looked nice other than that blue color.

bigbluemsp

denseglow said:
Honestly, I think MSP's car's would look much nicer if they went with a color like black. I saw an un-marked black MSP up by St. Clair, looked nice other than that blue color.

They will never get rid of their traditional Michigan Blue as it's officaly called (Ford Color Code LM). I like the Michigan Blue a lot, even more so then any of the other blue colors the car companies offer. Granted it is a special mix but it's a nice sharp color.

netfire

bigbluemsp said:
They will never get rid of their traditional Michigan Blue as it's officaly called (Ford Color Code LM). I like the Michigan Blue a lot, even more so then any of the other blue colors the car companies offer. Granted it is a special mix but it's a nice sharp color.

I couldn't of said it any better. Blue is my favorite color. I took a pic of a Kentucky Highway enforcement Charger last October. You see if these works right.

Attachments

• IM000022.JPG
    IM000022.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 354

bigbluemsp

netfire said:
I couldn't of said it any better. Blue is my favorite color. I took a pic of a Kentucky Highway enforcement Charger last October. You see if these works right.

Good old Kentucky Vehicle Enforcement (Commerical and Motor Vehicle Department)

They have 15 of them state wide. There is a guy on a police forum that I talk to from time to time that had one and they hated them, not only that all 15 of them were plagued with mechanical issues and electrical issues and they didn't spend much time on the road.

They look nice but thats about it.

CapnJon

You know in the West End of the U.P. none of the MSP cars and trucks are 4 wheel drive!? Who thought that one out! "Big snow Country!" Go figure...Where are they at, Lansing?!

My '75 El camino in the old MSP midnight blue...I re did the paint job in '89...

75ElCamino-1.jpg

Look at that shine! Ha!

75ElCaminoShines0001.jpg

I added double the metal flake so it was purple like the Kentucky Hwy Charger at night under street light's...Same exact color as above when the sun shined on it too!

Last edited:

UPMedic

CapnJon said:
You know in the West End of the U.P. none of the MSP cars and trucks are 4 wheel drive!? Who thought that one out! "Big snow Country!" Go figure...Where are they at, Lansing?!

I'm not sure if they still have it or not, but there is (was) a Jeep Cherokee (XJ) out of Calumet (Post 90).

bigbluemsp

UPMedic said:
I'm not sure if they still have it or not, but there is (was) a Jeep Cherokee (XJ) out of Calumet (Post 90).

Pic of K973 and K911 from my Explorer days in 1997 at the Explorer Academy in Greyling, Mi

3yn1g0p.jpg

I know there are Jeeps still in use at 3 of the U.P. Posts currently. Iron Mtn, Calumet, and the other I can't remeber off hand.

They were and still are POS

gg750

They still have one of those old Jeeps here at the Traverse City post as well. To my knowledge they don't use it anymore. I don't think it has left it's parking spot in two years, except to get moved further back on the lot.

G

Chief71

gg750 said:
They still have one of those old Jeeps here at the Traverse City post as well. To my knowledge they don't use it anymore. I don't think it has left it's parking spot in two years, except to get moved further back on the lot.

G

I remember when I was at the Explorer academy two years ago at Alpena CRTC the Alpena Post K9 came out and he had a jeep.

Jimmy252

Premium Subscriber
Post 21, Metro North has one of the grey styles in a crown vic that i saw working in the 21-West region. They are looking good. Ive also seen a blue dodge charger slicktop sitting in the on ramp in Birch Run. (Saginaw) There cars are looking better and better. And the lighting is a safety. I love the bubble, but they do need a better attention grabber while being on these freeways. If you all havent heard, a trooper was rear-ended down on I-275 in Canton the other day. Here is the link.http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/10887781/detail.html

ttrat

bigbluemsp said:
Can you get pics?
I can try... If you're a cop, and you know the jargon, what's the title of the person I would ask for to get pics? I'd hate to just start taking random pics, and get harassed about it.

bigbluemsp

If you see it parked someplace just ask the Deputy thats driving it. If not then asking the Lieutenant or Sergeant at the desk at the department.

Status
Not open for further replies.