MSP System

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
No. MSP is still mostly analog, except in the western part of the state which both P25 and analog. No MSP digital in eastern MA.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Troop C uses Site 8, although you'll hear some talk groups on Site 5 and the Troop B sites. I forget which ones those are since I'm only out that way a few times a year.

You're welcome.

Thank you. So Troops B & C are still on the old basically?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cg

Premium Subscriber
All the units assigned to B have P25 equipment installed. Units from outside the area that go beyond the CT River valley use the two analog conventional repeater channels. Special Ops also utilize digital equipment. All the MSP P25 radios are backwards compatible with the Motorola analog system.

chris

KI4SXZ

All the units assigned to B have P25 equipment installed. Units from outside the area that go beyond the CT River valley use the two analog conventional repeater channels. Special Ops also utilize digital equipment. All the MSP P25 radios are backwards compatible with the Motorola analog system.

chris

So B uses P25 system, but when then go to C then go to the old?

ecps92

Yes, the radio automatically switches between the Analog and P25 depending on the Site the radio (Portable, Base, Mobile) is affiliated to.

The TG's that traverse across (as authorized) both systems appear on both the P25 and the Analog system.

Depending on where you will be, you likely will want the view a map of which Site is closest.
So B uses P25 system, but when then go to C then go to the old?

ecps92

CG did Zone 7 go P25 or is that still Analog

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
As recently as a few days ago, I saw it as a Neighbor for Site 18 so I would say it is still analog.

chris

garys

Premium Subscriber
The last time I was out there, just north of Springfield, I had better reception on analog than digital. Maybe if I went further west, it would be more digital. I don't get that far west very often, so things could well have changed between then and now.

chris

gwferrei

Premium Subscriber
In Pittsfield, I hear P25 use for Troop B (Berkshire County) and Springfield area. Also hear Troop E (Western end of Mass Turnpike). There is also Statewide (Helicopters), Technicians, MSP SOPS, State Events, Environmental Police and Western Mass Regional. MEMA, Dept of Fire Services and a few scattered others are also heard. Very interesting listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.