• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MT2000 Alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9RPL

I'm not actually interested in doing it myself. I no longer have access to any if the required equipment. I'm just hoping someone around here still has the means and interest.

a417

BTW: I found a local resource that I already knew who did the alignment for me. Radios are in great shape now!
Amazing how much better they operate after some service manual time, huh?

K9RPL

Yep. These two were already in great shape cosmetically but both had dead pixels. I found a source for the updated/improved displays and now they're perfect. One VHF and one UHF. I have an M1 with the top display and it's perfect as well and *very* sensitive.

I REALLY like Jedi's...

20220421_165708-1.jpg20220421_165708-1.jpg20220421_165752-1.jpg20220421_165708-1.jpg20220421_165752-1.jpg20220421_165708-1.jpg

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Yep. These two were already in great shape cosmetically but both had dead pixels. I found a source for the updated/improved displays and now they're perfect. One VHF and one UHF. I have an M1 with the top display and it's perfect as well and *very* sensitive.

I REALLY like Jedi's...

Where did you get the replacement displays?

K9RPL

BTW: Anyone done Multiple PL (MPL)? I have MPL options creeated, a personality with MPL enabled and a button set for MPL. When I pres the MPL button nothing happens. I'm wondering if the version of firmware on the radio doesn't support it?

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
The guy had 3 available and I bought two of them. I checked his listing and they're all; gone. I found them purely by accident.

MT2000 Displays

More than likely he does a repair that has been discussed before. With proper know and care one could easily do it but one slip up it is unforgiving and you'll trash the lcd.

K9RPL

More than likely he does a repair that has been discussed before. With proper know and care one could easily do it but one slip up it is unforgiving and you'll trash the lcd.

I know the repair you're referring to. These are the updated displays that Motorola used to replaced the bad ones. I can tell the displays were replaced. I know how to disassemble the MT2000 and the display/keyboard is different from what I sent him. They look newer.

Status
Not open for further replies.