• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MTS2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferryfan_ray

Hey, I got a MTS2000 today and for some reason, it does not do trunking. specs down below:

Model: H01UCH6PW1BN
S/N: 432AYG0839
FLASHCODE: 0000010000009

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I had to add a zero, but it looks like it's conventional only (assuming the FC is correct).

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Easiest way is to just buy an MTS2000 that has the trunking flashcode. Seriously, they're cheap as dirt. I e-wasted a few hundred of them back in 2011 since the values are so low it wasn't even worth attempting to surplus them.

K4EET

Chaplain
Hey, I got a MTS2000 today and for some reason, it does not do trunking. specs down below:

Model: H01UCH6PW1BN
S/N: 432AYG0839
FLASHCODE: 0000010000009
What would you possibly want to do with a MTS2000 trunking model? That is an antique nowadays and it also would make for a really poor scanner. If monitoring a trunking system is what you want to do, you really want a modern-day scanner like THESE (courtesy of Scanner Master Corporation)

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
What would you possibly want to do with a MTS2000 trunking model? That is an antique nowadays and it also would make for a really poor scanner. If monitoring a trunking system is what you want to do, you really want a modern-day scanner like THESE (courtesy of Scanner Master Corporation)

Believe it or not, MTS2000 or XTS3000 are probably best for NASing a SmartZone system. If you overlook all of the specific details needed to even properly set up NAS, These at least have the option to "Affiliate on PTT"

K4EET

Chaplain
Believe it or not, MTS2000 or XTS3000 are probably best for NASing a SmartZone system. If you overlook all of the specific details needed to even properly set up NAS, These at least have the option to "Affiliate on PTT"
I was hoping that would not come up. I was trying to keep somebody out of hot water if they mess up on the programming and end up getting caught by the System Administrator and their team. Not fun...

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
I was hoping that would not come up. I was trying to keep somebody out of hot water if they mess up on the programming and end up getting caught by the System Administrator and their team. Not fun...

Not condoning it, But just sayin'

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

That would be ok if you are listening to a type 2, 800MHz only, analogue only system.

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
That would be ok if you are listening to a type 2, 800MHz only, analogue only system.

Works fine on a Smartzone UHF system, with TX inhibit enabled. I’ve seen it done, but of course the hidden TG method always prevails.

mbnv992

On a side note - the OP’s flash can at least do mdc1200 encode and decode as well. A LOT of old mts radios I’ve seen for sale do not even do MDC, let alone trunking.

N4KVE

NAS is not necessary for a MTS2000. Just set the enc switch for tx inhibit in both positions. Use as smart net. I monitored a few local systems for decades until they finally went Phase 2, encrypted. Never got “stung”. And the sys adm loves to sting radios.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I believe you could use the FDB tool on the MTS2000 to add trunking to the flash code so long as the firmware in it is capable of trunking. I've used the tool on many MSC2000 mobile radios and added smartnet and smartzone trunking to radios that didn't have it.

ferryfan_ray

I believe you could use the FDB tool on the MTS2000 to add trunking to the flash code so long as the firmware in it is capable of trunking. I've used the tool on many MSC2000 mobile radios and added smartnet and smartzone trunking to radios that didn't have it.
It is firmware 06.10

Status
Not open for further replies.