• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

mtx 8000

Status
Not open for further replies.

abrams

i have a mtx 8000 and every time i get it programed i get zapped how can it be fixed so it wont get zapped

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Your getting zapped?

Are you just putting in the RX frequencies or are you putting in both TX/RX?

You probably keyed up by accident and the dispatcher saw your ID come up and the system probably didnt recognize you then the communications admin zapped your radio.

So your radio is pretty much paper weight now if you accidently keyed up and they have record of your radio ID which would generally be the last 4 digits of the serial number.

Could that be what you have done? programmed in the rx/tx, thats illegal for you and probably a knock at your door by the police

If you cant do anything about the radio then might as well shelve it but next one you get, dont put in any TX frequencies or youll just get zapped.. again

zz0468

QRT
Banned
i have a mtx 8000 and every time i get it programed i get zapped how can it be fixed so it wont get zapped

Zapped how, and by what?

I don't know whether to tell you to go to confession and cleanse your soul, or stay off the carpet with your tennis shoes.

Be a bit more clear as to what you mean.

w8jjr

Premium Subscriber
Yes please define zapped. Is it on offical net with permission?
If you are trying to use it as a monitor on a system, program it with receive only option

Last edited:

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
My conclusion is that hes programming the whole shindig into his MTX, whoever he keyed up to worked pretty quick to zap his radio and made it paper weight now, useless after being zapped, it acts like its dead and doesnt work, dunno if you can reprogram it to make it work again but i doubt it now. I thought i read somewhere the system admin would zap it by sending out a Ultra high freq but i dont have any source to back that up so i dunno if im right on how the system admin finds the radio and zap em.

All i know is the digital radios like the xts 3000 + and others are able to be deactivated by air and they wont work at all.

Yes please define zapped. Is it on offical net with permission?
If you are trying to use it as a monitor on a system, program it with receive only option

It was probably not an official net with permission for the way it sounds of being "zapped"

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
My conclusion is that hes programming the whole shindig into his MTX, whoever he keyed up to worked pretty quick to zap his radio and made it paper weight now, useless after being zapped, it acts like its dead and doesnt work, dunno if you can reprogram it to make it work again but i doubt it now. I thought i read somewhere the system admin would zap it by sending out a Ultra high freq but i dont have any source to back that up so i dunno if im right on how the system admin finds the radio and zap em.

All i know is the digital radios like the xts 3000 + and others are able to be deactivated by air and they wont work at all.

It was probably not an official net with permission for the way it sounds of being "zapped"
You have no clue what you are talking about.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Im just trying, i never got zapped.... but im right about the digital radios which are able to be deactivated by air if stolen or lost.

K8TEK

Banned
Im just trying, i never got zapped.... but im right about the digital radios which are able to be deactivated by air if stolen or lost.
You mean being inhibited over the air? Being inhibited over the air and "deactivated by air" are not even remotely close to being the same thing.

RIDs on Type II trunking systems are 6 digits, beginning with 7 and have nothing to do with the serial number of the radio. Not only that, the fact that he is generating traffic on a system he is unauthorized to be on is a crime. The OP doesn't need any help to get his radio working. If it was a legitimate authorized radio, it wouldn't keep getting inhibited.

Stop breaking the law and buy a scanner.

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
Two things:

First, you can restore the MTX 8000 by shoving a uninhibited s-rec into it, usually.

Second, I don't recommend you program ANY radios onto a trunked system that your not an authorized user of, they will just continue to inhibit the radio over and over, it will be easier for you to buy a scanner.

Last edited:

K8TEK

Banned
Two things:

First, you can restore the MTX 8000 by shoving a uninhibited s-rec into it, usually.

Second, I don't recommend you program ANY radios onto a trunked system that your not an authorized user of, they will just continue to inhibit the radio over and over, it will be easier for you to buy a scanner.
Not necessary. The system administrator wouldn't have a clue his radio was on the system unless he generated traffic with it. The radio can be set to inhibit transmitting on all talkgroups and if you aren't using CPS to only affiliate on ptt. Of course he probably made his RID 700001 and keeps programming in the same one after it gets inhibited.

Just so you know, if the system admin wanted to do so, he could make your radio affiliate whenever he wanted and use the packets DF you.

Last edited:

talviar

4 Models on the MTX8000's
all are Privacy Plus Versions
B3 which is a Type I only 16 channel radio
F3 which is a Type II only 16 channel radio
B5 which will do Type I, II, and IIi 6 button keypad 160 channel radio
B7 which will do Type I, II, and IIi full keypad 160 channel radio

Regardless of the fact it is Privacy Plus it can/will monitor Smartnet II systems without any issue as long as proper format talkgroup is in. ie if Monitoring Smartnet Type II talk groups would need F3, B5 or B7

As always YMMV and this is just my $1.95

Tony

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Folks, this is why we don't encourage or even permit talk of sharing RSS/CPS. You get people like this who should never even have access to the stuff. Think about that before you share with a complete stranger next time.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
pretty much, if you cant afford the software then save the money and get a scanner :D

Scanner, least expensive and more accessories at a fair price

Mobile/Portable radios, more expensive, more accessories as a sky rocketing price...

Status
Not open for further replies.