Multiple Line Inputs Hardware Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHIOSCAN

Anybody using multiple Line-In SC or Mixers, would like one USB SC or mixer setup to record at least 2-3 scanners. Using mix of SC and USB line-in dongles would like to find one easier to use setup.

Thanks
Mike

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Im running 5 feeds off a netbook.
For me it was easy, i went on ebay and picked up a 10 pack of the cheap USB sound cards.
Plugged them in one at a time and as i was setting up the individual feeds i would watch for the light to flash so i knew which USB sound card went with which device.

OHIOSCAN

Kinda what I am doing now, it def is the cheapest and probable easiest. I was just trying to find a single unit to help coord the wires I have wound around everything. Everything I find use RCA jacks not 3.5mm. I also am looking at higher quality audio, some of these USB SC's sound good others are tinny.

Thanks
Mike

OHIOSCAN

Audio In

Could you use something like this then put two mono scanner inputs into each left and right stereo input?

Amazon.com: Behringer Q502USB 5-Channel Mixer: Musical Instruments

Yes that's kind of what I have been looking at, but almost all those kind of mixers use RCA plugs. I was hoping to find some kind of I/O device that worked with 3.5 mm. I have not seen anything like that out there for sale. I will probably have to do something like that mixer with adapters. really want to find something like a multi-I/O soundcard.

thanks for the heads up.
Mike

DC31

Feed Provider
Yes that's kind of what I have been looking at, but almost all those kind of mixers use RCA plugs. I was hoping to find some kind of I/O device that worked with 3.5 mm. I have not seen anything like that out there for sale. I will probably have to do something like that mixer with adapters. really want to find something like a multi-I/O soundcard.

thanks for the heads up.
Mike

I am not really sure that you are going to find much suitable. What it sounds like you are looking for is multiple sound cards in one package. Take a look at this: http://www.califone.com/pdf/spec_sheets/1216USB_Spec.pdf

I have no idea if it will do what you may want it to.

Have you considered a powered usb hub with several usb sound cards plugged in? If you get cards that plug in directly, it could eliminate some cables...

Jim

OHIOSCAN

Audio In

I am not really sure that you are going to find much suitable. What it sounds like you are looking for is multiple sound cards in one package. Take a look at this: http://www.califone.com/pdf/spec_sheets/1216USB_Spec.pdf

I have no idea if it will do what you may want it to.

Have you considered a powered usb hub with several usb sound cards plugged in? If you get cards that plug in directly, it could eliminate some cables...

That Califone device looks like what I am looking for, good catch. I run a powered hub now with three USB I/O dongles on 2 PC's. My biggest issues always seems to be Win sound management control . Get everything working then have to reboot for some reason and everything goes to hell. (gr)

Thanks MIke

JSTARS03

Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Cool

I have also been looking for a multiple channel or input audio solution.
If it allows different audio through each mic input that thing would be awesome.
I have about 10 of those cheap USB Sound cards on one computer and they are a nightmare.
They give each other cross talk on the audio also when I play back the recordings.

I have seen these not sure how they would work either.

M-AUDIO - PCI Audio Interfaces

JSTARS03

OHIOSCAN

Audo

Looked the M-Audio card read a lot about driver issues. M-Audio gear usually sounds really good though,
there speakers are nice.

Mike

SCPD

QRT
Everything is P-25 I am recording and I still have not had much luck with DSD+, that would be a neat setup,any examples of your setup online?e

So far I've not had any trouble with DSD. I just read there's a direct plugin for SDR# that I haven't tried yet. I listen to P25 and DSTAR with zero problems so far*. All my feeds are analog and non-trucking, but you can handle digital and trunking nicely with the RTLSDR and SDR# with plugins.

My details here have some pics, but it's essentially SDRConsole, with a single dongle, running 4 VFOs, streaming to Broadcastify, dedicated Win7 PC, and a mag-mount antenna on top of a filing cabinet.

There's over 100 ham FM repeaters within reach of me but I intentionally picked strong stations as I am using an indoor antenna. If multiple stations are within a couple megs of each other, you can tune into 6 with a single dongle and SDRConsole.

I'm running four copies of scannercast. I haven't yet figured out how to get them all into one.

*sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEuGPsyuWSI

Last edited:

EDCScanner

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned

+1 on this option as well.

I use two of these. One for my 4-996XTs and one for my 4-536HPs. Radios go to the inputs for ProScan and the Output to my Mackie Mixer to monitor the Audio over speakers instead of from the radios or PC Speaker giving me full control of the audio from a centralized location. Also use ProScan to control them all virtually through the back GPS jack using a null modem cable connecting to an 8-port RS-232 hub that is USB to my computer. The sounds cards and serial hub sit inside my custom radio console I made. So only have the two wires going to the PC and 8 to the mixer and everything else is out of sight. Makes cable management nice and tidy. Also this allows me to record and archive each radio through ProScan as well as stream each one.

Status
Not open for further replies.