Multiple Scanners Single DB

N8WRL

I've done some searching here and can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. My apologies if this is a repeat - please direct me to the thread I missed.

I have several Uniden scanners and would like to find a software package that lets me manage a single DB of frequencies that can be tailored and downloaded to each scanner.

I use RT Systems for my Yaesu HT's and, while there's no common DB among them, I can copy and paste between each of the radio-specific applications.

I've been playing with Uniden's free software for the SDS100., BC125AT, and now BCD160DN and it's challenigng to copy-paste between them.

I have a trial of ProScan as I was hoping that was my answer but it seems to want a seperate DB for each radio.

So, is there such a thing? A single DB I can edit frequencies and banks and target different scanners for download.

Thank you, and 73!

-Brian n8wrl

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I've done some searching here and can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. My apologies if this is a repeat - please direct me to the thread I missed.

I have several Uniden scanners and would like to find a software package that lets me manage a single DB of frequencies that can be tailored and downloaded to each scanner.

I use RT Systems for my Yaesu HT's and, while there's no common DB among them, I can copy and paste between each of the radio-specific applications.

I've been playing with Uniden's free software for the SDS100., BC125AT, and now BCD160DN and it's challenigng to copy-paste between them.

I have a trial of ProScan as I was hoping that was my answer but it seems to want a seperate DB for each radio.

So, is there such a thing? A single DB I can edit frequencies and banks and target different scanners for download.

Thank you, and 73!

-Brian n8wrl
As jt has already noted, the three scanners use different memory configurations. However, using ProScan, you can 'import' the frequencies for one of these scanners into a programming file for a different scanner.

Ubbe

It probably would be best to make one DB for a scanner and then export that to Excel, or OpenOffice, and then manage it in Excel. I believe that ProScan can import csv files from Excel, and then usually in programs you tell it what columns are frequency and what are text tags and so on. You can have special columns with your own personal notes that are not part of the programming.

Using Excel will also make it possible to use that same file to import in Whistler and Icom scanners and whatever programs that accepts csv or text imports. But that would take a little fiddling with the data as some scanner programs use MHz with a dot decimal or a comma decimal and others use Hz and so on.

/Ubbe