Mutual Aid Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
So yesterday I was listening to Seattle Fire and lazing in the sunshine, when I hear "Mutual Aid Response on Channel 1). When the apparatus was en route, they were told that upon getting on scene, they would switch to a King County Interop channel and SPD was also involved I believe.

What Interop. channels could the alarm center staff been referring to?

im800mhz

They are changing and being consolidated to match the tri county plan. Don't be surprised which talkgroups are being used by agencies now.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
There are listings for King county mutual aid in the database. I suspect one of those might have been in use.

Steve

I have like a bunch of them sitting in my radio and they're unlocked, but it didn't seem to be any of 'em. Could the tri-county consolidation be in prep for the PSERN? I believe they're going to interconnect the entire Puget Sound area (at some point anyway) not just King County.

Vizwar

I have like a bunch of them sitting in my radio and they're unlocked, but it didn't seem to be any of 'em. Could the tri-county consolidation be in prep for the PSERN? I believe they're going to interconnect the entire Puget Sound area (at some point anyway) not just King County.

PSERN being live isn't the hang up. It's partly due to each system being at different technological generations of equipment. Even when PSERN goes live, for example, SERS will still have a mix of modern and late 90s technology throughout the system.

The new regional groups are being done now to take advantage of the 2nd touch of the subscriber units (remove the old, pre-reband frequencies). Since every radio has to be touched again, it's a perfect opportunity to change the programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.