My Counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

Let me preface my post by stating that I am a Canadian member.

Within the last week I have noticed a Quick Link added to the counties I am watching on My RR homepage.
There are FCC Licences and FCC Grants for me to select .
Of course these links are not applicable to my situation in Canada , but I'm wondering if something is in the works that will provide a link to a Canadian Database (TAFL) ? :cool:

I must say though, that I do use the FCC links for the American counties I am watching and appreciate having them there .

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yikes, I need to fix that!

I did not even take into account that FCC licenses are not available outside the US. Right now, we don't have any integration into Canada's "FCC" data because I don't believe they make the licenses available in a dump format.

I'll fix MyRR to only show those links for US counties.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
One of the other things I've noticed too is that you can't 'watch' any Counties within the following provinces.

Alberta, BC, Manitoba, Newfoundland, NWT, PEI, Quebec, Saskatchewan, and the Yukon.

That 'Watch' link needs to be added to them as well.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
IdleMonitor,

The problem there is that I don't have a facility in place to monitor individual agencies yet... and in those "states" they are not setup as "counties" - but rather "agencies."

Semantics.. yes... however this highlights an important item that I need to fix -- the ability to watch individual agencies.

Thanks for the feedback, this is important and very helpful.

Warm regards,

Lindsay

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I think I understand what your saying, just the other provinces that I didn't include, all allow you to watch the counties and systems.

Just curious as to why the provinces I did list couldn't do that. I figured it was just a simple mod overlook.

I'm suprised that some of the Westerner's in Canada didn't spot that on there "myrr page"

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
blantonl said:
in those "states" they are not setup as "counties" - but rather "agencies."

For what it's worth, I've created a ticket in Mantis for all the counties (etc) in Alberta. I know it's not a priority, but they're there.

IdleMonitor - I believe it's because there are no counties actually created in Alberta etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.