My Current Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
What are the antennas on top of the scanners??? And can you give us an idea of where in AZ you live?

Mike

AZMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
Antennas On Top Of Selected Scanners

The antennas that you see on top of some of the scanners are scanner antennas designed for use during electrical storms when I unplug all coax lines from the radios at least. Outside antennas that are higher up are protected by Alpha Delta discharge units and other like devices.

The smaller magnetic antennas that you see work fine as a mobile scanner antenna also. I cannot remember the manufacturer's name as it's been a long time since their acquisition.

scannersnstuff

a beaut of a shack !. i still remember your kitty !. whats his name again ?. i have 2 beauts of poodles. they are my pride and joy !. one is "blackie", the other is "whitie". they live together harmoniously.

Wally46

Feed Provider
I love those scanner antennas myself. I'm using one and will be getting another one. Very good antenna at a very good price AND comes with the coax. Amazon has them for 40 bucks

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
I love those scanner antennas myself. I'm using one and will be getting another one. Very good antenna at a very good price AND comes with the coax. Amazon has them for 40 bucks

I think EBay has them for $19.95!

Mike

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Picture question

I noticed you have virtual radar server on the far right monitor? Possibly planeplotter on the left side? I forget what are you feeding those with sbs/radarbox/rtl dongle? Also what antenna for those? One last question if you could, do you get adsb hits from kprc? I think they have a training aid for transponders or something because I keep getting hits from kprc area (Embry Riddle campus?) and the database I have shows the signal from a c172. No way I should be seeing a signal from a C172 on the ground up here in LV.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
My guess is that if you are wondering if he is married… you must not be. ;0)

Or, he keeps his wife locked in the basement! LOL Very nice setup!! Your shack looks more like a showroom at a dealer. And, anybody driving by your house must think you're operating a listening post for the NSA!

AZMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
Are you a licensed Amateur, or do you just use the Ham transceivers for HF monitoring?
Yes, I have a ham license and often use one of three HF radios to listen to "utility" type HF transmissions as they perform a lot better than some of my old HF receivers. My favorite HF radio is the Icom 756 Pro III.

Status
Not open for further replies.