My monitoring setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sting11

My concise little collection. The SDS200 and SDS100 monitor the NW Ohio Regional P25, Ohio MARCS-IP, and Michigan MPSCS systems. I generally use the BCT15X for air band. The BCD536HP and 436HP help out searching the mil air band and can monitor everything but the simulcasts, pretty much jacks of all trades. The R30 is my air show companion. The BC125AT goes with me to work (at Toledo airport) in case I want to take on some aviation photography before or after my shift or during breaks.

The three base/mobiles and the 436HP are connected to a D130JN discone in the attic via an Electroline 4-port multicoupler.

Ideas I'm tossing around for the future are 1.) getting an 8-port multicoupler to allow connecting more of the portables to the attic antenna, 2.) replacing the 15X and/or the 436HP with another 536HP, and 3.) possibly trying to get something more 700/800 MHz dedicated in the attic.

Sting11

The Icom is brilliant. It’s the ultimate air show radio. Dual VFO, one parked on Air Boss and the other scanning the 123-124 MHz range for performers A/A or scanning the demo team freqs, and paired with Bluetooth earbuds it gives me freedom of movement for photography without getting tangled in a headphone cord.

N1GMV

My concise little collection. The SDS200 and SDS100 monitor the NW Ohio Regional P25, Ohio MARCS-IP, and Michigan MPSCS systems. I generally use the BCT15X for air band. The BCD536HP and 436HP help out searching the mil air band and can monitor everything but the simulcasts, pretty much jacks of all trades. The R30 is my air show companion. The BC125AT goes with me to work (at Toledo airport) in case I want to take on some aviation photography before or after my shift or during breaks.

The three base/mobiles and the 436HP are connected to a D130JN discone in the attic via an Electroline 4-port multicoupler.

Ideas I'm tossing around for the future are 1.) getting an 8-port multicoupler to allow connecting more of the portables to the attic antenna, 2.) replacing the 15X and/or the 436HP with another 536HP, and 3.) possibly trying to get something more 700/800 MHz dedicated in the attic.
View attachment 79021
IS the SDS 200 a touch screen like the Home Patrol?

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
NICE set up you got there. I'm chomping at the bit trying to not rush out quickly and get an R30. I have other commitments but ill own one eventually. I too enjoy airshows..

Status
Not open for further replies.