NC dot maintaince freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quantar22

When areas use the output as talk around it will use a different pl for input bypassing the repeater. When the frequency is same for input and output in repeater and talk around wanted either it will use a different pl for input and output then is simulcast ed over the repeater end, or cq on output and pl on input same for repeated use. It may be set for csq on receive thus they hear all the traffic on the lowband talk around and repeater since the receive.

Can you clarify what you are saying here? A repeater can not have the same frequency on the input and output that defies physics and is purely impossible. I think you are referring to the PL frequency versus RF frequency but wanted to be certain. That entire sentence is terribly difficult to decipher so any clarification as to what you are saying in the entire sentence is certainly appreciated.

Flyham

Probably pure speculation on my end. But I'm betting the crux of the last few post were to say that the OUTput of the repeater was also being used as talk around or simplex. So as to allow to hear traffic on the repeater while talking to a truck that might be close by on simplex.

Just a thought.

D1029659

Anyone know if Iredell county is using their lowband channel? or have they went full VIPER? When I listen to my scanner, all lowband channels are quiet around Iredell county.

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
Let me wake this up I think viper should be almost complete on build out, seen some look like brand new DOT truck/vehicles here for the storm look at and into them still low band antennas and radios and it is active here today

Status
Not open for further replies.