NC Tornado Outbreak 2/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapman987

Premium Subscriber
Multiple Skywarn repeaters in Raleigh and Charlotte active. Both have links on Broadcastify if you care to listen.

I know theres been some observed Tornados around Charlotte. CLT airport was shutdown for a period of time, with the ATC tower evacuated.

Damage reported around Kannapolis.

Most of NC is under a Tornado Watch (meaning tornados can occur) at this time (1pm), except the SE (wilmington area).

chris8video

There's a lot of damage in the town of Liberty. We sent a crew to the area (FOX8WGHP) and we'll have reports this afternoon.

Several people report seeing a tornado but our meteorologists can't confirm that and say the NWS can't yet either.

A friend in the area sent me a bunch of pictures.

spacellamaman

i drove thru the edge of a tornado warned cell near gold hill/rockwell. relatively dinky, but exciting none-the-less. same one hit my uncles place and laid a pine tree out blocking his driveway and another collapsing his carport. his property was clear cut a couple of years ago, so at some point a neighbor is going to want their trees back we guess :)

Flyham

i drove thru the edge of a tornado warned cell near gold hill/rockwell. relatively dinky, but exciting none-the-less. same one hit my uncles place and laid a pine tree out blocking his driveway and another collapsing his carport. his property was clear cut a couple of years ago, so at some point a neighbor is going to want their trees back we guess :)
There's a lot of damage in the town of Liberty. We sent a crew to the area (FOX8WGHP) and we'll have reports this afternoon.

Several people report seeing a tornado but our meteorologists can't confirm that and say the NWS can't yet either.

View attachment 80097View attachment 80098

Chris, yall and the news folks be safe going in and out of there. Back roads still blocked in places I'm sure. Otherwise 85/421 should be just fine.
From the scanner side, It may be worth just to monitor the Staley & Cane Mt VIPER sites in a "wild-card" type search mode.

Flyham

View attachment 80097View attachment 80098

Chris, y'all and the news folks be safe going in and out of there. Back roads still blocked in places I'm sure. Otherwise 85/421 should be just fine.
From the scanner side, It may be worth just to monitor the Staley & Cane Mt VIPER sites in a "wild-card" type search mode.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
EOC with varies counties (Guilford and Rockingham) doing swift water rescue with HART on standby utilizing VIPER Alpha 1

Status
Not open for further replies.