NCSHP Troop E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quantar22

Forgive me, but I must have missed something somewhere along the line. Am I reading that they discontinued SHP's lowband tx singal from Sauratown altogether?

No. The Sauratown L.B. is still there and being used. When the change was made from the old comm. center at Troop E to the new comm. center at Troop E retirees were invited for the change over. Several of them gave the "sign off with station identification" letting all the troopers know the old comm. center would be 10-7 and the new comm. center would be 10-8. Hope that helps.

CFP387

Hope that helps.

Yes it does, and thanks for that. I thought I was reading that the lowband tx tower had been dicommisioned. I was wondering how that could be because I am still hearing traffic from there! I appreciate your clearing that up.

CFP387

E3 and E6 VIPER

Since Salisbury dispatches both E3 and E6 on the same low band frequency, are they now simulcasting their traffic on both the E3 and E6 VIPER talkgroups? If so, it would be safe to assume that an E6 trooper would be transmitting back to Salisbury on his respective E6 talkgroup and the E3 cars would be transmitting on their E3 talkgroup.

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
Guys this may muddy the waters. I learned a few days ago that Troop E is redrawing district lines and creating a new E7 district. It would comprise Yadkin & Davie counties. E5 would move to Surry & Stokes. I'm not totally sure on the rest of the districts. Maybe some of you with "inside" connections can shed some light?

CFP387

Yeah that's something else we're discussing in this conglomeration of topics. :)

When this new redistricting is complete, I'd request someone with some computer graphic knowledge to generate and post a map of the entire E3 troop area complete with county lines and SHP station locations similar to the statewide map we have in the database. I know we have that map of the entire state for reference, but it may be a good idea to show individual maps of the districts too.

We're waiting to see if Daniel (FD5722) has found out any information. He has a close friend who works at the Troop E comm center and may can shed some light into this redistricting plan. I know for a fact that the IMAP (Interstate Motorist Assistance Patrol) units have changed radio unit numbers from MAP9xx to MAP3xx and this may be part of this whole new plan.

Also, because Troop E is redrawing their district lines, other Troops may be doing the same. It's hard to say if the switch from low band to VIPER has anything to do with the changes or not. We have several members here with contacts within the HP that can hopefully help us, if it is only anonymously through the database.

KM4WLV

We're waiting to see if Daniel (FD5722) has found out any information. He has a close friend who works at the Troop E comm center and may can shed some light into this redistricting plan. I know for a fact that the IMAP (Interstate Motorist Assistance Patrol) units have changed radio unit numbers from MAP9xx to MAP3xx and this may be part of this whole new plan.

Sorry I haven't been on much folks. Started a new position at work and I've been crazy busy. I didn't find out anything this past week. However I will see this person tomorrow evening and I'll see if I can pick his brain then.

I'll update you guys tomorrow night :)

CFP387

Started a new position at work and I've been crazy busy.

That's quite understandable and no problem.

Just this morning I heard an E7 car on VIPER (analog) talking to Salisbury. Evidentally the redistricting is or has already taken place. This past weekend I met an NC Wildlife officer who had a digital VIPER handheld and digital mobile in his Suburban. He was nice enough to tell me that the SHP is redrawing their districts and that they will be given the new updates when it is finished.

fcfd988

Feed Provider
Thanks to KI4M for the explanation about the trainees. I didn't know that but I think that was an awesome touch. It also helps to explain that mystery transmission i caught. I didn't mean to confuse anyone into thinking that they shut down the low band transmitter for good. I knew that wasn't the case but obviously I didn't make it clear.

CFP387, I too heard Salisbury answer an E7 car this afternoon on low band. Sounded like a first sergeant (E-711). I'm eager to get a hold of the updated districts........

Everyone keep your ears/eyes open.

Wes

CFP387

CFP387, I too heard Salisbury answer an E7 car this afternoon on low band. Sounded like a first sergeant (E-711).Wes

Yes, that's who I heard that morning. I'm trying to listen as closely as I can but of course I can't catch everything. I haven't heard any E7 car since then. I took a ride through the parking lot at Troop E headquarters and found no cars with E7xx in the back glass. Maybe they are still switching things over.

CFP387

New Microwave Dish

I just noticed today that the tower at Troop E headquarters now has another micorwave dish. This dish is directed and pointed to the north so I assume it feeds Sauratown Mountain but I can't say for sure. It is much bigger and higher than the first dish installed that points east toward Faith/Granite Quarry.

CFP387

Okay, after talking with a few troopers and motor carrier officers, I think I've got this pretty much nailed down. After the redistricting, on January 3rd the new districts will be as follows:

E1 - Davidson
E2 - Stanly, Montgomery
E3 - Rowan
E4 - Surry, Stokes
E5 - Forsyth
E6 - Cabarrus
E7 - Davie, Yadkin

Of course, we know how things change quickly. If anyone has any additional changes to this, please let us know. Thanks!

KM4WLV

Okay, after talking with a few troopers and motor carrier officers, I think I've got this pretty much nailed down. After the redistricting, on January 3rd the new districts will be as follows:

E1 - Davidson
E2 - Stanly, Montgomery
E3 - Rowan
E4 - Surry, Stokes
E5 - Forsyth
E6 - Cabarrus
E7 - Davie, Yadkin

Of course, we know how things change quickly. If anyone has any additional changes to this, please let us know. Thanks!

Thanks for the update Shannon. I'm sorry I haven't been able to get an update posted, I've just been busy with a new position at work and the holidays.

Thanks bud !!

CFP387

Well, don't be afraid to correct me if I have something wrong. I know that you have a lot more information to post as well so take your time and get to it when you can. Thanks!

CFP387

I have pretty well confirmed that the above information is correct. The redistricted troops are assinged to the correct counties in my list. Just as a note, if you are trying to monitor either Rowan (E3) or Cabarrus (E6), their traffic is still patched together on TG 2800 (SHP Troop E District 6). Of course, the base traffic is still simulcast on 42.940.

I'm not sure when or if the traffic for these two counties will be split to their respective talkgroups; I presume it will be after the switch entirely from lowband to 800. Even though these two counties are different troops, they have always been dispatched on the same base frequency and that's probably the reason they are still on the same talkgroup. When Daniel has the time to fill us in to help us fit all these puzzle pieces together, maybe he'll be able to shed some light on this situation as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.