TRX-1: Need a solution to my problem........

Status
Not open for further replies.

shajoe44

I am trying to figure out the best way to monitor a talkgroup in my area. It's on the Palmetto 800 trunking system. I am wanting to monitor SCHP Troop2 but I can only hear them when they are broadcasting on the North Augusta Site, which is the site closest to me. I can also receive the Plum Branch site, and this site carries just about all of Troop 2 traffic. But as I understand it, my scanner will stay on my strongest site and not go to Plum Branch during scanning. How can I set my scanner up to also scan the Plum Branch site as well as the North Augusta site.? Thanks

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I do not have this issue in my TRX-1, I'm able to receive all sites in one scanlist/system. That being said, I have isolated certain sites so I can listen to just them, and also to modify what traffic I listen to.

Couple options which are basically the same, easiest one is to duplicate the System you have already entered in EZ Scan and lockout all site except Plum Branch, you will have to manually enter TGIDs for this new system as EZ Scan only updates one system of the same type. For example if you have imported Palmetto 800 in first that is what EZ Scan will import TGs to and pull the conversations from even if you assign different Scanlists. The other option is to manually create a new system with only Plum Branch site, but you will still have to enter the TGs manually.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Your second suggestion is what I was thinking about doing. Just wanted confirmation that would work. Thanks

Only reason it is my SECOND suggestion is sometimes TRX doesn't play nice with manually entered systems. Also, with the first suggestion it will move over all the talkgroups you have entered.

shajoe44

OK, thanks. I will brush up on how to duplicate a system with the TRX-1. I have read about it but haven't actually tried it yet. Yes I have heard that these scanners sometimes don't like manually entered information for some reason.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
OK, thanks. I will brush up on how to duplicate a system with the TRX-1. I have read about it but haven't actually tried it yet. Yes I have heard that these scanners sometimes don't like manually entered information for some reason.

Go to trunked system tab, highlight the original system, click duplicate on the right side, rename the new system to whatever (Plum Branch) and click on that system, go to site tab at bottom and lock out all sites except Plum Branch. Done

shajoe44

Is it true that if you do any further downloads from RR Database that everything that has been done will be changed back. I just got thru reading that on another post.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
No, that is not correct, but if you do any further changes/additions/updates it only will apply to the original system, not the ones you duplicated.
The highlighted system is the original, the three below it are duplicates and I've been running them for over two years, and update the info once or twice a week to add RIDs or TGIDs.

Screenshot 2020-02-20 13.01.57.png

Status
Not open for further replies.