need help suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello i have purchased a discountined item from radio shack it is item 21-1834. clip on speaker/microphone. it has 2 jacks, i only need to use the one, i found an old 3.5 plug to extend it out so the plug will fit,however the sound is extremly low barley can hear it. im using this on the gre-500, does anyone know how i can fix this so i can hear from the speaker alot better.i took a chance with this it says its for 2 way radios , but thinking there mite be a way to remedy this, any onw with any help on this is appreciated, thanks

n2mdk

Thats one of the problems of using the headphone jack output of most scanners. The amount of volume is attenuated so you can't damage your hearing. There is a way to get around this on some scanners by attaching a thin wire from the BNC to the very top section of the speaker plug. I do not know if this will work with the PSR-500. I would do more research before trying this so you don't damage the scanner in some way.

PFCCooper

i own that item and what i did was cut off the mic jack and left the headphone jack line untouched and it works fine.
P1010236.jpg

Last edited:

frank125

hey pfccopper and jerri thanks for youre replys . also pfccopper i cut the mic and it works good thanks for the info. was thinking about doing that but figured i mess it up some how. but it works thanks again for the replies. frank

Status
Not open for further replies.