Need Help Using Proscan with Mesh Routers

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
I’ve been using ProScan with outstanding online results for over two years.
I have recently relocated to another home. Unfortunately, AT&T did not locate the new internet connection conveniently. I have temporarily placed my SDS200 and my laptop computer adjacent to the router, hooked everything up, and it works just fine. Simply stated, to preserve the domestic tranquility, and to access my outdoor antenna without an unacceptably long coaxial feed, I’m going to have to locate my listening station in another room. Moving the AT&T router along with my computer and SDS200 isn’t acceptable to other family members.
I am also using three Deco AXE5400 Pro Mesh routers. Each of these routers has multiple ethernet connections. I’ve tried plugging the laptop and the SDS200 into one of these routers, which did not work. I suspect that I need to change some webserver settings and some network settings for the SDS200, but don’t know where to begin. Can someone please help me solve this?
To clarify a bit, I've set port forwarding on the AT&T router, and it has functioned perfectly for a couple of years. What I need to do now is to plug the laptop and the SDS200 into one of my mesh routers, for monitoring both inside and outside my network.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I’ve been using ProScan with outstanding online results for over two years.
I have recently relocated to another home. Unfortunately, AT&T did not locate the new internet connection conveniently. I have temporarily placed my SDS200 and my laptop computer adjacent to the router, hooked everything up, and it works just fine. Simply stated, to preserve the domestic tranquility, and to access my outdoor antenna without an unacceptably long coaxial feed, I’m going to have to locate my listening station in another room. Moving the AT&T router along with my computer and SDS200 isn’t acceptable to other family members.
I am also using three Deco AXE5400 Pro Mesh routers. Each of these routers has multiple ethernet connections. I’ve tried plugging the laptop and the SDS200 into one of these routers, which did not work. I suspect that I need to change some webserver settings and some network settings for the SDS200, but don’t know where to begin. Can someone please help me solve this?
To clarify a bit, I've set port forwarding on the AT&T router, and it has functioned perfectly for a couple of years. What I need to do now is to plug the laptop and the SDS200 into one of my mesh routers, for monitoring both inside and outside my network.
There's 2 connections we're dealing with.
#1. The connection from the scanner to ProScan via the ethernet. Is this connection working? We have to get this working before moving on to #2.

#2. A web browser connected to the ProScan Web Server.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
There's 2 connections we're dealing with.
#1. The connection from the scanner to ProScan via the ethernet. Is this connection working? We have to get this working before moving on to #2.

#2. A web browser connected to the ProScan Web Server.
Once you get the scanner ethernet communicating with ProScan, if not already then we can move on to the web server.

Get the browser working inside your network first. Use a browser on the inside of your network and type in the computer ip address running the server along with the port#. If using a cell phone then switch it to use WiFi and not the cell data.

Once the browser on the inside is working then we can work on the outside access.
Use Open Port Check Tool -- Verify Port Forwarding on Your Router to test that the router port forwarding is setup correctly The server needs to be running for this test.
If. canyouseeme.org fails then check the Port Forwarding. Use the IP address of the computer. A common mistake I've seen is the scanner ip address is in the Port Forwarding and not the computer ip address. Test with a browser using the outside IP address. If using a cell phone then switch it to use the cell data and not the WiFi data.

Advise if it's working or not and any troubleshooting steps performed.