Need Help with BCD996P2 for Kawartha Lakes

tcr1521

Premium Subscriber
I am new to scanners and I am having trouble programing my BCD 996P2 to receive OPP police transmissions in Kawartha Lakes.
I have used Freescan to set up my scanner but can't receive any transmissions for the police.

I have set up Bell FleetNet system and a P25 system but no luck on receiving.

BC_Scan

I am new to scanners and I am having trouble programing my BCD 996P2 to receive OPP police transmissions in Kawartha Lakes.
I have used Freescan to set up my scanner but can't receive any transmissions for the police.

I have set up Bell FleetNet system and a P25 system but no luck on receiving.
First of all you need to know if you are within range of a given tower.
Second, you need to know if the scanner w/antenna u are using will hear it (it will be a digital sound often described as motorboat sound)
Third, you need to have an understanding how once programmed you can just hear your target then expand from there.

If you are suing the supplied whip ( it is useless) and will likely limit you to one tower. If the scanner does not hear any control channel you are SOL.

First thing is figure out what you can hear from your location put scanner into search mode scan 139 MHz- 144 MHz , note down what the scanner receives which freq makes the digital noise if its any one of these you are in luck.
From my perspective you should hear two towers.

Excellent scanner BTW
027 (1B)Fenelon Falls (FENLON)Kawartha Lakes141.435142.155142.185142.605c143.295

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Are you importing from the database or inputting it yourself for programming? Often people miss the band plan portion if they are programming by hand / without importing.

OPP are currently still on FleetNet, for the moment. You may also want to import MTO enforcement related talkgroups as they are often patched together.

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
Use site 27 as shown in post 2 for FleetNet.
Back in October, someone else had similar problems, this is what I told them.

mciupa said:
The way I have FleetNet set up with Freescan 2.19 is
For the System: Mot Type II/P25
For the 9 sites I monitor, each of them are: Mot Custom/Reband Type II

You need this Custom Band Plan I have listed below.

Lower Freq 141.015 Upper Freq. 143.985 Step 15.0 Offset 380 This works with no issues