Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickwest2006

I know this is a stupid question but i have a radioshack pro-97 scanner how do i use the trunking on it and is there any good softwhere i can buy to program it

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
Hi nickwest2006 :)

You can find some programming help at this link: Easier to Read Pro-97/2055 Scanner Manual

Have a look at the WIKI page for the Pro-97 , there is also a lot of useful information for you.

Pro-97 - The RadioReference Wiki

As well, if you go to the bottom of the Pro 97 WIKI page, there are listings of software available for your scanner. Click on those links and explore your options.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to RadioReference.com

I know this is a stupid question but i have a radioshack pro-97 scanner how do i use the trunking on it and is there any good softwhere i can buy to program it
Hey there's no such thing as stupid questions here. A lot of people don't understand trunking. The first thing is to figure out the trunked radio system (TRS) that you want to monitor. The scanner supports 3 different types: Motorola, EDACS & LTR. There are slight differences in how they are programmed.

I use WIN97 for my PRO-97s/etc and it is available here (www.starrsoft.com). I forget if it is $25 or $30 but well worth it. You'll also need a serial cable. The PRO-97 can use the COM version or the USB version, but the COM version is no longer available new. Radio Shack sells the USB version (20-047) for $35, and you can find some online as well.

The software is very self-explanatory once you understand the scanner. The basics of programming a TRS is to figure out which bank you want to use, program the (control channel) frequencies, program the talkgroups and you're good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.