New 996T bug since update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airdorn

Hey all.

Lately I've noticed something peculiar when using the UASD logger and the BCD996T.

When tracking a typical Motorola type 2 smartlink system, like the Memphis/Shelby County Public Safety, I'll get some crazy talkgroup ID's.

For example, I'll pick-up some conversations, and look at the scanner, and it might indicate the talkgroup to be something like 718447-759448. Yes, both numbers with the hyphen. The UASD software will only log the first part, 718447.

Now of course, 718447 is nonsense. And the hyphen and the other number is even more crazyness. I don't think the Motorola system I am scanning can produce talkgroup ID's like that. :)

I saw this with more frequency with another site that is also a Motorola 800mhz site. I have no idea if it happens with any other TRS.

To summarize: the nonsense talkgroups appear on the scanner display itself, as well as logged via the UADS software, so I am pretty sure it can't be attributed to "crappy software". I know people like to take sucker punches at it, but I like it!

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks!

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

If 718447-759448 was displayed and audio was passed, the unit was tracking a Private Call. Private Calls or I-Calls are radio to radio communications. 718447-759448 are Radio IDs.

HTHs

Dave AKA The Tripzter

Airdorn

Ahhhh!

Then my apologies, Uniden.

I *DID* turn on the I-Call feature just 2 days ago, haha. Oh my God I feel like a boob. :)

Thanks h8tdigitalradio! :)

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
Airdorn said:
Ahhhh!

Then my apologies, Uniden.

I *DID* turn on the I-Call feature just 2 days ago, haha. Oh my God I feel like a boob. :)

Thanks h8tdigitalradio! :)

Not at all, I bet there were plenty of people who didn't know what that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.