New AZWINS Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Thanks.

I thought that it might proximal to Santa Claus, Arizona.

Santa Claus is on the fringes of the Christmas Tree Pass tower site's reach. I don't think it covers that area very well. Santa Claus and the rest of the Kingman area is covered better by Hayden Peak. I bet you could reach Christmas Tree from Santa Claus on a good mobile though.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
Christmas tree mountain has sites for 3 states NV Ca and AZ and easily reaches into all three states.

Also DPS is starting thier AZWins buildout. As Sites with UHF460 legacy Repeaters fail, they are not going to be repaired and will be removed . So start looking for AZWins sites popping up in Mohave, Cocinino, Navaho Etc.
Also the AIRS system will removed as sites fail. I have been told that the state is uninterested in maintaing legacy equipment because they want to channel money to the buildout of the AZwins system for DPS. Note the AIRS triband repeater in Yuma at Telegraph is already down and will be removed soon this FY or next.

KB7MIB

Does anybody have info on District 11's AZWIN TG? Someone mentioned to me that it has been assigned, and it might be receiveable on the Pinal Peak site as there is no Mount Ord site yet, however, I had no luck catching it on Pinal Peak this afternoon when I drove down to Florence for that purpose, although I wasn't down there very long, due to a late start in the early afternoon.

John
Peoria

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody have info on District 11's AZWIN TG? Someone mentioned to me that it has been assigned, and it might be receiveable on the Pinal Peak site as there is no Mount Ord site yet, however, I had no luck catching it on Pinal Peak this afternoon when I drove down to Florence for that purpose, although I wasn't down there very long, due to a late start in the early afternoon.

John
Peoria

Above is 100% correct. D11 P25 TG not always active, may not have been listening long enough? Try South Mtn as odd as it sound. Most talkgroup active off South as people in Phx test new radios.

Next build out will be for North / North East section of AZ.
Greens, Ord, Squaw, & Gallup NM

Central, South & West near completed.

New setup
Pinal Pk for commercial / ham
Signal Pk for government

KB7MIB

I would have thought Thompson Peak would have a D11 transmitter, since D11 comes down 87 past Fountain Hills to at least the Salt River Community, if not to the City of Mesa border, and the Metro East district, at the Red Mountain 202.

Will the government sites on Pinal Peak be relocated to Signal Peak? Or will they just restrict new sites for the respective services to those locations from now on?

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

Should the RRDB be updated to reflect the changes if they've moved? I know that the AZWIN and Pinal County systems are still showing Pinal Peak.

At the moment, I'm sitting in the parking lot of the Fry's Marketplace in Apache Junction monitoring AZWIN off of Pinal Peak, Thompson Peak, and South Mtn. I've not picked up any new TG's in over half an hour.

John
Peoria

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Does anybody have info on District 11's AZWIN TG?
I have logged testing transmissions on unidentified talkgroups 1053, 1054, and 1056. I'm guessing one of these is District 11, but I have not confirmed any of these active with District 11 traffic on sites I can receive. I regularly monitor the Signal Peak site as I can receive it from my house, and I have not heard a D11 talkgroup active on this site yet.

Should the RRDB be updated to reflect the changes if they've moved? I know that the AZWIN and Pinal County systems are still showing Pinal Peak.

The AZWINS transmitter is on Signal Peak per the license. This was not correct in the DB and has been updated. Pinal County system transmitter is licensed to Pinal Peak. This will be updated if the license changes, or if anyone can update for a fact that this transmitter has moved.

Last edited:

KB7MIB

I was monitoring for at least an hour while at the Fry's Marketplace in Apache Junction, and I didn't catch any new, unidentified TG's.

I was in Fountain Hills at Fountain park before driving down to Apache Junction, and Signal Peak is not receivable there, at least not on my SDS-100.

John
Peoria

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber

At the moment, I'm sitting in the parking lot of the Fry's Marketplace in Apache Junction monitoring AZWIN off of Pinal Peak, Thompson Peak, and South Mtn. I've not picked up any new TG's in over half an hour.

John
Peoria

Someday it'll be updated to reflect Signal for DPS. If I have stuff to update in future I'll do it then.

Foresigt

Christmas tree mountain has sites for 3 states NV Ca and AZ and easily reaches into all three states.

Also DPS is starting thier AZWins buildout. As Sites with UHF460 legacy Repeaters fail, they are not going to be repaired and will be removed . So start looking for AZWins sites popping up in Mohave, Cocinino, Navaho Etc.
Also the AIRS system will removed as sites fail. I have been told that the state is uninterested in maintaing legacy equipment because they want to channel money to the buildout of the AZwins system for DPS. Note the AIRS triband repeater in Yuma at Telegraph is already down and will be removed soon this FY or next.

I don't know where you got your information but almost all of what you posted in not true except for maybe the part about Christmas Tree.

KB7MIB

So looking at the new RRDB entry for site 218 in Maricopa County, it shows that South Mtn (201) and White Tanks (203) are neighbors, but Shaw Butte (205) and Thompson Peak (204) are not.

AZWINS

Site 218 details

I'm thinking then, that the new site is to the west or southwest of the Valley. Maybe AZWIN has a new site on Burnt Mtn in Tonopah, alongside the new Maricopa County and RWC sites? Or maybe it's near Gila Bend, perhaps Oatman Mtn to the west of Gila Bend, or some other site to the east of Gila Bend?

On my next trip out to the Burnt Wells rest area to listen for activity on the Maricopa County and RWC sites on Burnt Mtn, I'll see if either of the frequencies listed for site 218 are receivable as well. But that won't be until next week sometime at the earliest.

John
Peoria

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
If it's Tonopah. That will complete the I10 build out. Have 700Mhz coverage from Desert Center to New Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.