BCD436HP/BCD536HP: New BCD436HP

Techy

Premium Subscriber
Hi gang, I have a new BCD436HP arriving Wednesday. Whats the first thing or software is needed? Im reading to update its database and any firmware updates Please let me know whats needed. Much appreciated.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hi gang, I have a new BCD436HP arriving Wednesday. Whats the first thing or software is needed? Im reading to update its database and any firmware updates Please let me know whats needed. Much appreciated.
For starters, download the latest version of the free Uniden Sentinel software from here (download link at top of page):

Then when the scanner arrives, update database and firmware by following directions on page 16 of the owner's manual. You can download the software now before your scanner arrives and look it over.

Sentinel is required for database and firmware updates, but for a much more feature rich software, I would highly recommend having a look at ProScan:

Last edited:

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Plenty of FAQs and resources about the 436HP at your disposal right here on the forums. Search and you shall receive. I've owned mine for about a decade now, great solid scanner for everything aside from simulcast systems (in most cases). Expect a learning curve if you have little to no experience with Uniden scanners made within the last decade. Once you get the hang of Sentinel (link provided in post #2) then I'd strongly recommend investing in Proscan for greater favorites list customization and much much more. It truly is a swiss army knife of an app for your Uniden scanners.

Also for your perusal:

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
And there are many YouTube videos to help you learn the programming software, whichever option you choose.

As noted above, there is a learning curve and expect mistakes and frustrations to occur. That's okay - no scanner was ever ruined because of bad programming. It's part of learning.

Techy

Premium Subscriber
For starters, download the latest version of the free Uniden Sentinel software from here (download link at top of page):

Then when the scanner arrives, update database and firmware by following directions on page 16 of the owner's manual. You can download the software now before your scanner arrives and look it over.

Sentinel is required for database and firmware updates, but for a much more feature rich software, I would highly recommend having a look at ProScan:

Thanks Fxd!

Techy

Premium Subscriber
Thank you guys, the 436HP is all updated for the database. The firmware was current. Great scanner, the P25 Phase 2 digital sounds so clear. Im amazed. With thanks to Scanner Master for getting to me fast.