New excited user

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinyj771

I am a recent owner of a Uniden BCT15X. I owned a scanner about a decade ago, also Uniden (not sure which one). I liked the hobby then, but never got very seriously into it..just used the noise to fall asleep to really. I decided that for christmas I wanted a scanner and to get back into the hobby. Got my BCT15X, and I am LOVING it! I was so nervous at first because it has been so long for me, thought the BCT15x might be too complicated for a new start. Just have to say, this forum and reference has saved me from going insane with technical jargon. Love it, love it. Joined as a premium member and downloaded/uploaded systems to my scanner.

Can't wait to delve deeper into ALL the options of this scanner! Also, contemplating a ham radio hobby too!

Thank you all of you seasoned veterans for sharing your knowledge.

Destiny
Waukesha, WI

Beaquel

People on here do seem to want to help. Might have to wade through a smarty-pants comment or two, but generally very willing to help.

Spankymedic7

Hi Destiny,

Welcome back to scanning! Waukesha, WI? We're practically neighbors! Anyway, I'm sure you've got your scanner loaded up with frequencies/talk groups by now, but please don't hesitate to ask any questions. If you're so inclined, I can connect you with a very good friend of mine who happens to be the creator/host of the Digital Radio Scanning Net, which is on DSTAR Reflector 12A Sundays at 9pm (central). That net is also carried by the Radio Reference website on the streaming/live audio section. Let me know if you'd like more info one this net, I think you'd like it.

Hope to hear from you, welcome back to scanning!

destinyj771

Thanks Cory! I would definitely be interested in more info. I am right now completely clueless about amateur radio, don't own one or even know where to start yet. I've just been reading a lot of things on the net and it sounds to me like it would naturally go with scanning and seems that generally if you love scanning you would love ham radio. Anyway, so any info you can provide would be helpful and appreciated. I love that I can find people close by through Radio Ref to talk about the hobby with and start a new one!

Destiny

EP204

People on here do seem to want to help. Might have to wade through a smarty-pants comment or two, but generally very willing to help.

Yes indeed, that is exactly what I have noticed, I am new to RR, but have been scanning for about 3 years, and must say is site has already been very helpful for me.

destinyj771, welcome to the best place for info on radios and scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.