New Firmware updates announced!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3RADIO

Just was looking for the new updates just now on the Uniden website, and i can`t seem to find `em. For UpMan, can ya tell me what the version number is for this, as well as how i`m `sposed to get to the updates? They don`t seem to be on the website yet (Uniden website), any thoughts? Thanx! N9NRA P.S. The only update that is listed on the Uniden website is 2.00.7, which i already got. Thanx!

There is no new release yet, some of us are beta testing the upcoming firmware for Paul. Nothing has been released and nothing will be released until the end of September.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
hey thanx WZI. Just outta curiousity, how much work is it to beta test these updates? Must be a real difficult task to test and debug the code...and then if ya have to rewrite parts of it...now that would be not too fun. Just curious. Thanx! N9NRA

n4yek

hey thanx WZI. Just outta curiousity, how much work is it to beta test these updates? Must be a real difficult task to test and debug the code...and then if ya have to rewrite parts of it...now that would be not too fun. Just curious. Thanx! N9NRA

Those of us doing beta test are not doing what you think we are doing. We get the beta firmware from Uniden, install it into or radios, and try it out. While there are somethings added and slightly changed, all we are doing is testing how it works and reporting back to them of our findings. We are not re-writing anything, just testing what they have done to the firmware. Then if there is problems, they will try to fix it and we get another update and try it again. This is done until they think they have it all worked out.
That doesn't make it perfect, but they do try their best.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Those of us doing beta test are not doing what you think we are doing. We get the beta firmware from Uniden, install it into or radios, and try it out. While there are somethings added and slightly changed, all we are doing is testing how it works and reporting back to them of our findings. We are not re-writing anything, just testing what they have done to the firmware. Then if there is problems, they will try to fix it and we get another update and try it again. This is done until they think they have it all worked out.
That doesn't make it perfect, but they do try their best.

That`s cool. sounds like a kinda fun thing. I had always wondered what goes into testing and shaking out a beta firmware version. so if the beta update hoses up your scanner ya let `em know (very politely :))! Thanx! Good luck with the beta-tests. N9NRA

gregmoss

Where do i find the 2.90.01 firmware release? I've been away for a while, so this is new too me. Not seeing it on the my uniden web page.

jerk

Where do i find the 2.90.01 firmware release? I've been away for a while, so this is new too me. Not seeing it on the my uniden web page.

It is beta, still being tested.
The new firmware is scheduled for possible release on 9-29-08
I believe Upman said if all goes well with it.

Only beta testers and those who reported problems with the previous version of firmware and are part of the Uniden Flash group have it.

So it is beta and not available on the website.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber

not out yet, beta teters have a 2.90.xx but nothing public till 9-29 at earliest for bcd396t

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Thread Closed

Since this thread has been confused by the Uniden beta testers and those asking questions about same, I am closing it. It becomes too confusing for those people who are not using the beta code.

What happened to the good old days, when beta testers were instructed to keep their traps shut?

Status
Not open for further replies.