New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
The Northstar talk group is showing up on the bordentown site today. Anyone seeing it on any of the other sites?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
GRE 500 show TDMA traffic in Pro96Com and just not let you listen?

I'm pretty sure the PSR500 will pass the TDMA grants to PRO96COM which will interpret them. it'd just show up as a grant using an LCN outside the valid parameters for the FDMA idens.. but PRO96COM would know the proper TDMA idens.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.402 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Can you guys in other parts of the state confirm whether the DOT is using this full-time now & no longer operating on the 800 system? If so, I want to put a note in the database that will point visitors to the PSIC if they want to hear NJDOT operations.

elias1988

Feed Provider
DOT units are still using 800 MHz,also I just picked up 2 new talkgroups on site 103,2183 and 2191.a lot of the talkgroups in the 2xxx range have become active.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Newark Fire switching to (PSIC) 700MHZ

Sources indicate that Newark Fire is in the process of ordering equipment and is now planning to switch to PSIC 700MHZ.

Makes sense as they did extensive testing in the city as reported by others on the State PSIC thread.

Anyone confirm? Dates?

RadioDitch

Field Operations Member
Premium Subscriber
Sources indicate that Newark Fire is in the process of ordering equipment and is now planning to switch to PSIC 700MHZ.

Makes sense as they did extensive testing in the city as reported by others on the State PSIC thread.

Anyone confirm? Dates?

I've been waiting for someone to say something. :D The rumblings I heard say early next year, December at the quickest but that was unlikely. I've also heard that Newark PD is at least entertaining the idea.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Considering how many incidents in Newark spill out onto Route 78, it would make sense. At least then NPD could talk directly to NJSP.

RadioDitch

Field Operations Member
Premium Subscriber
Considering how many incidents in Newark spill out onto Route 78, it would make sense. At least then NPD could talk directly to NJSP.

It also makes sense operationally cause for the last few months, the chatter in the EMS community has been that if Christie signs the Rutgers/UMDNJ legislation, which includes the disolution of any association between University Hospital and the educational system, that UMDNJ EMS would be dropped and NFD or NPD would take it over.

Validity? Unknown.

(PS: Just to be a little clearer, the bill states that if signed into law, Rutgers would receive all of UMDNJ, except University Hospital. UH would become a stand-alone public hospital in it's own little state-funded world. Albeit one where it's already $150 million in debt.)

Last edited:

npd155

NPD / NFD will never ever take over ems in any way. When Cory Booker came into office there was a quick study done on the feasibility of the fire dept conducting some ems within the city and it was quickly washed away. The current communications center can barley handle the load and it would cost millions and millions to take over an ems system which loses millions and millions a year.

As far as 700 MHz... they are looking into it.

RadioDitch

Field Operations Member
Premium Subscriber
NPD / NFD will never ever take over ems in any way. When Cory Booker came into office there was a quick study done on the feasibility of the fire dept conducting some ems within the city and it was quickly washed away. The current communications center can barley handle the load and it would cost millions and millions to take over an ems system which loses millions and millions a year.

As far as 700 MHz... they are looking into it.

Thanks for the confirmation on NPD's doing homework on the PSIC. Personally, I figured there would be no way the city would take on EMS. That's why I emphasized it's been chatter. Who knows? Maybe MONOC would take it. :lol: (Takes Cover)

ShoreBullets

I doubt UMDNJ EMS would go anywhere. They have way to much stuff, to much specialty apparatus from the Task Force. Provide to much service through REMCS and handle all Rescue assignments in Newark with Rescue 1. The hospital can still operate EMS, they just wont educate anymore

RadioDitch

Field Operations Member
Premium Subscriber
I doubt UMDNJ EMS would go anywhere. They have way to much stuff, to much specialty apparatus from the Task Force. Provide to much service through REMCS and handle all Rescue assignments in Newark with Rescue 1. The hospital can still operate EMS, they just wont educate anymore

We'll see about REMCS. Their line up seems to be changing, sans Newark, hospital, and state related dispatch. South Orange EMS is now dispatched by Union County, and there are reports Irvington is now talking to the folks in the Froehlich Building about numbers.

RadioDitch

Field Operations Member
Premium Subscriber
Hearing from a contact in the REMU that the PSIC is 95% positive supposed to be Phase II TDMA when 100% in place. This also means sans an update for DSD, it would not be monitorable. The PSR-800 does not support Phase II TDMA, only X2-TDMA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.