New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

etr37

Premium Subscriber
Didn't really want to start a new thread but, are the old NJSP systems "not dead yet"? Over the last few weeks of course all the usual traffic on these systems has dropped off but I would still hear the occasional DOC transport or DHS PD transmission on the old NJSP systems... But I am now hearing Troop A transmissions (on the Troop C system) which is a first - I assume this is just an unusual situation, but can anyone provide any insight?

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Didn't really want to start a new thread but, are the old NJSP systems "not dead yet"? Over the last few weeks of course all the usual traffic on these systems has dropped off but I would still hear the occasional DOC transport or DHS PD transmission on the old NJSP systems... But I am now hearing Troop A transmissions (on the Troop C system) which is a first - I assume this is just an unusual situation, but can anyone provide any insight?

I ran Unitrunker on Troop B for a while on Saturday and again today.

NJDOC, Parole, Human Services Police and NJSP Marine talk groups all appear to be active.
Also active was MICU Statewide, and seen affiliations on EMS Task Force and some hospital HERN talk groups.
Some affiliations, but no voice traffic on several StateComs and USAR talk groups.
Plenty of radio denials also, probably from forgotten or rouge radios still on the system.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Let's play a game called find new sites 57 & 62 now on the air.

Site 57:
857.44375 cc

Site 62:
858.70625 cc

Both are Peers to Site 3 Bordentown Simulcast, and neither have not been observed as a Peer to Sites 7, 8, 15, 23, 28, or 31.

Edit: Just realized that RR60 made this observation back on Nov. 24th and posted to the forums. I somehow overlooked this, and will look for it in my travels next time I'm in South Jersey.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Neither are adjacent to the Hunterdon cell, so they're almost certainly south of the Bordentown cell.

Oh and for anyone keeping tabs, Site 61 (Hamburg) is no longer being announced as a peer to any site. Too premature to read anything into that.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Let's play a game called find new sites 57 & 62 now on the air.

Site 57:
857.44375 cc

Site 62:
858.70625 cc

Both are Peers to Site 3 Bordentown Simulcast, and neither have not been observed as a Peer to Sites 7, 8, 15, 23, 28, or 31.

Edit: Just realized that RR60 made this observation back on Nov. 24th and posted to the forums. I somehow overlooked this, and will look for it in my travels next time I'm in South Jersey.
We might be looking at Port Republic (Galloway) and Atlantic Cape Community College (Mays Landing). Will have to wait and see on that

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Tropo openings have been few this winter. I have tuned those CC’s on a couple openings I caught with no joy. Also note back in November I had Berlin on UT. The usual peers only. I would have expected 57/62 on Berlin.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Idea when they’re shutting down the old system
It may not be until June 2023. Still some stragglers on the system, one being medivac. They need to get their radios changed out but that only happens when the bird is in the shop for maintenance.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Site 57:
857.44375 cc

Site 62:
858.70625 cc
Both sites are in the Atlantic City/County area. I would start by sniffing around the Atlantic Cape Community College as well as the ACY airport.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
The following is an excerpt from a FCC filing for slow growth of the NJICS from the fall of 2022. Quite a few changes are occurring or yet to occur. The below implies several more Simulcast Sites are to be built or expanded (10 Simulcast presently) and perhaps a consolidation or expansion of ASR’s. Rough math, presently 60-65 total sites. Thoughts?

“NJICS is necessarily complex and will comprise 13 Simulcast Cells and 12 Independent Sites, for total of 80 site locations upon completion of this expansion. Further, the State is consolidating its older 800 MHz P25 Phase I system into its newer 700 MHz P25 Phase II system, including a major system-wide core and software upgrade. The upgrade involves dozens of agencies and Dispatch Centers. Once the upgrade is completed, the State will begin implementing the many site changes and additions licensed in late 2021.”

joey123

Premium Subscriber
The following is an excerpt from a FCC filing for slow growth of the NJICS from the fall of 2022. Quite a few changes are occurring or yet to occur. The below implies several more Simulcast Sites are to be built or expanded (10 Simulcast presently) and perhaps a consolidation or expansion of ASR’s. Rough math, presently 60-65 total sites. Thoughts?

“NJICS is necessarily complex and will comprise 13 Simulcast Cells and 12 Independent Sites, for total of 80 site locations upon completion of this expansion. Further, the State is consolidating its older 800 MHz P25 Phase I system into its newer 700 MHz P25 Phase II system, including a major system-wide core and software upgrade. The upgrade involves dozens of agencies and Dispatch Centers. Once the upgrade is completed, the State will begin implementing the many site changes and additions licensed in late 2021.”
Still having issues with de coding the new system it’s skipping channels and misses transmission I’m on the Berlin tower site coujd there bec an issue with that site it started 2 month ago I have a sds100 scanner coujd it be the scanner
That’s on your system having issues with other systems it’s fine

bunangst

Looks like a new microwave path from NJSP Hammonton to ACC College tower, a new path to the Farley Service Center tower from the college, and realigning path to Atlantic City to the college. The paths from the college to Port Republic and Woodbine have been in place for years for NJT, NJSP most likely just coupling into the antenna systems.

My guess would be a new site at the service center is coming as well.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Looks like a new microwave path from NJSP Hammonton to ACC College tower, a new path to the Farley Service Center tower from the college, and realigning path to Atlantic City to the college. The paths from the college to Port Republic and Woodbine have been in place for years for NJT, NJSP most likely just coupling into the antenna systems.

My guess would be a new site at the service center is coming as well.
Dishes for the Woodbine/ACC hop were swapped out to provide 6 9's performance. New hop from AC to ACC also put in place to allow for new site in AC.
Just waiting on a cutover date for ACCC. I dont think the new AC site has been installed yet (need a road trip to check that out)

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Site 58 is now online, replaces the Netcong (24) and Randolph (33) ASR's to form a simulcast cell in Morris County. Rumored that Bowling Green (30) will also become part of this cell, although at the moment it remains ASR.

Details in the database.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Site 58 is now online, replaces the Netcong (24) and Randolph (33) ASR's to form a simulcast cell in Morris County. Rumored that Bowling Green (30) will also become part of this cell, although at the moment it remains ASR.

Details in the database.
Expect Hamburg to be on the air within the next 2 weeks. Mays Landing (aka ACCC) is also up. Nothing yet with Mt Kip (aka Glen Gardner)