New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber

8000XE

They have Cobham radios installed with their own NJICS radio IDs. The portables that they do have, are for ground use to communicate with the bird. They don’t have mobiles installed

8000XE

They have Cobham radios installed with their own NJICS radio IDs. The portables that they do have, are for ground use to communicate with the bird. They don’t have mobiles installed
Correction* they don’t have base stations installed on the ground*

bunangst

I've personally seen crews from HMH + NJSP birds carrying APX8000's. Upon inquiry they told me that they have everything in the radios. SPEN, NJICS, county trunked systems, firegrounds, etc.

I believe this discussion about access was specifically talking about the US Coast Guard helos.

I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised that USCG has system access, several other federal agencies do as well.
On top of that, there are many military installations around the country that have P25 trunking systems...nothing new here.

gesucks

Premium Subscriber
How does the USCG helo communication on the NJ system? Do they have NJ radios onboard or they have the ability through the radio system the USCG used on the 400mhz band? Curious what happens when a bird moved is stationed or transitioned out from Air Station AC.
They have Canyon AeroConnect (COBHAM/Wufsberg) RT5000 or RT7000