Premium Subscriber
Site 9 Telegraph Hill

857.04375 (Control)
857.03125 (Alternate)

No peers listed

Last edited:

W2SJW

Database Admin
I was sent the Paramus site last night as well via PM. I'll try and get these in this evening.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 via Tapatalk

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I was sent the Paramus site last night as well via PM. I'll try and get these in this evening.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 via Tapatalk

As of a couple minutes ago, no signal on any of the three Paramus frequencies from Midland Park.

W2SJW

Database Admin
The submitter was from right over the border in upstate NY, so he said it could be coming from a number of places in NE NJ. He did get the site ID as being #1 and the 3 frequencies I entered via monitoring the CC.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Site #1 as listed in the database is correct. The transmitter is at Exit 165 on the GSP, and I verified it last night. Site 2 is at the Bloomfield State Police Barracks. I'll submit the info to the database after I confirm a few more sites. Keep in mind that these Sites are lower power since they just have to cover the roadway, and not a wide scale area as with the rest of the NJ ICS and Troop A/B/C 800 MHz TRS.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Updated info for Paramus & Bloomfield already entered as of just now. Please keep everything else you guys discover coming!

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
If you can I dont think that site 14 is Cape May, I was just recieving it from Cape May area, about 2 out of 5 bars.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Whoops! I thought that's where you said it was from!

The state has locations on their license for this system in Swainton & Upper Twp...

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Was just reading through this. Does anyone know if you would actually be able to scan this with a scanner such as a Uniden BCD 436HP or a 536? Those frequencies are all out of step.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Not to fear about the Cape May site: I will be driving the entire GSP later on today and will verify locations and frequencies with Unitrunker and my PSR 500.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Was just reading through this. Does anyone know if you would actually be able to scan this with a scanner such as a Uniden BCD 436HP or a 536? Those frequencies are all out of step.

Although it's very rare to see 6.25k spacing on 800MHz, the P2 & x36 scanners will handle it just fine. That's the standard on 700Mhz...

W2SJW

Database Admin
Everything submitted is now in. Seems the only thing we have not located/confirmed is site #10. Anyone care to hazard a guess that it's going to probably be in Toms River?

Seems a long way to go on the GSP between the Telegraph Hill site to Barnegat...

elias1988

Feed Provider
Toms River or Wall,I have the frequencies programmed for both sites and still no active control channels as GM also confirmed earlier with me while on his road trip.

GM

Premium Subscriber
I also need someone to confirm if Bayonne site (Interchange 14A area) is active on 800 MHz. They currently have a 217 MHz site there and I would suspect that this might be Site 15, if it is indeed in the works. Again, just a thought and nothing observed so far, nor do I have anything confirmed that their might be a Site installed there.

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
We have some more updates on the woodbridge site ProCom is showing

857.10625 ac
857.11875 control
858.04375 I
859.68125/0 voice
859.68125/1 voice
859.69375/0 voice
859.69375/1 voice

Adjacent Sites
102 Bloomfield 854.06875
104 Cranbury 856.59375
109 Telegraph Hill 857.04375

Talkgroup
Radio Ids
3,4,& 5 doing radio checks TDMA mode

Scott can we make this thread a sticky system seems to being built out quick and I see a lot of updates coming.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
I also need someone to confirm if Bayonne site (Interchange 14A area) is active on 800 MHz. They currently have a 217 MHz site there and I would suspect that this might be Site 15, if it is indeed in the works. Again, just a thought and nothing observed so far, nor do I have anything confirmed that their might be a Site installed there.

So I went to my favorite monitoring spot today in lower Manhattan with a clear line of sight of City of Bayonne shoreline. Nothing from Bayonne for this system. The only two sites I picked up today are Woodbridge and Bloomfield

Cheers

GM

Premium Subscriber
I had a chance to drive the GSP today from Telegraph Hill south the Cape May and noticed that Sites 9-14 have Peer Sites listed, and that Sites 13 and 14 (Somers Point and Swainton) have had their Peer Site numbers changed. Suspected Site 10, in the area of Toms River, is still not on the air at this time.

And thank you CqDx for checking out the Bayonne area. Perhaps Site 2 (Bloomfield) will cover that stretch of the NJ Turnpike once out of range of Site 3 (Woodbridge) if a new site is not constructed in the area of Bayonne.

Food for thought from another user on here that was brought up to me: will the NJSP Troopers who patrol the NJ Turnpike and Garden State Parkway have this new NJTA P25 TRS in their radios to perhaps use it as their primary system and move off the Troop A/B/C 800 MHz and NJICS TRS and use both as a secondary coverage system to NJTA P25 TRS?

jvdet

The tower site at 168 is in Hillsdale. Seems the residents just became aware, of the AT&T cell tower that the Parkway and local towns where using for years , AT & T wants to upgrade the site and add a few more feet, there is now a petition to remove the cell tower because of health dangers and lower property values, Local officials are now behind the removable and want it placed 1/2 mile or so north in the next town. also the residents are saying they have other towers already in town so they don't need anymore, 250+ residents have sign the petition
Cant make this up

Status
Not open for further replies.