New Jersey Turnpike Authority 800 MHz P25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
New Jersey Turnpike Authority (P25)

any idea why this system is no longer in the sentinel database? as of this weeks update?

New Jersey Turnpike Authority (P25)

System Name: New Jersey Turnpike Authority (P25)
County: 10 counties
System Type: Project 25 Phase II
System Voice: APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive

GM

Premium Subscriber
Is their a possibility that it got moved to just the Counties which the Highways run through? I just got my BCD436HP so I'm still learning how the Sentinel database works.

lindenscanner

I noticed that too even though i read that the frequencies were being "added". I believe they are listed in a WikiPage for the NJ Turnpike Authority P25, but you cannot automatically update the scanner if they are not in the databse.

elias1988

Feed Provider
There's no frequencies in the wiki just site locations and pages to add unknown TGs and radio IDs.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
NJTPA P25 is listed in RRDB but not where you think

I checked middlesex , essex, etc... nothing

I just checked and found it under Middlesex Co and then county systems. Thats an odd place for it so the DBA needs to perhaps consider moving that under state systems and not county systems.

W2SJW

Database Admin
As per the admin's handbook:

Trunked systems shall be assigned to the union of all counties for which they are actually intended to provide coverage in addition to any other counties containing transmitter sites. Only use the “Statewide” special county setting for systems that truly cover all counties in a state.

This system is NOT statewide in coverage, so it will stay assigned to the counties it actually operates out of.

Last edited:

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
As per the admin's handbook:

This system is NOT statewide in coverage, so it will stay assigned to the counties it actually operates out of.

I read what you are saying Scott. Somehow our brains are trained such that any state agency normally falls under the statewide folder within a county. Could that make a difference over using the county systems folders?

Sentinel is tough enough at times but that association might help. But in looking at the DB in sentinel, I do see that under each county where applicable NJTPA P25 is listed in their respective county systems folder.

Not a debate...just an observation...going back to my 1st cup of coffee....too early for me to type and think!

W2SJW

Database Admin
I fully understand where you are coming from, but the limitation is in the way Sentinel parses the DB.

One of the major consequences in setting the system 'county' assignment to 'statewide' is that people with DB-enabled scanners will end up getting that system pulled-in via ZIP search that aren't anywhere near it.

Based on ERP on the licenses, I've set the sites as 5mi circles around the transmitters - when it finally gets operational, I'm going to need you guys to give better conservative estimates of coverage.

I've also merged this into the main thread on the system. Let's keep all discussions about this system here for now...

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
correction, I see its back in the "county " folders... OK, whatever you feel is best., but its not a "county" system. Its a New Jersey state system. I read and understand your reasons for listing it that way. just confusing when you are looking for a state system. Enough said.

W2SJW

Database Admin
That has nothing to do with the way the system is entered in the DB, and everything to do with how Sentinel imports the data.

Unfortunately, we can't control how Sentinel does what it does...

Sent from my Galaxy S6 via Tapatalk

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Overall, at the end of the day....once I am able to find it in the database in Sentinel...I just append it to a new FL in my 436 or append it to my existing "state" FL so it makes sense to me.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Status quo on Woodbridge since this morning...

Attachments

• NJTA Woodbridge.jpg
    NJTA Woodbridge.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 637
Last edited:

jaymatt1978

This is why even though database assisted scanning does work most of the time, there are some major pitfalls that can't be overcome. While programming these systems "the old fashioned way" won't work either, these major pitfalls need to be addressed. Sometimes "one size fits all" doesn't always fit!

That has nothing to do with the way the system is entered in the DB, and everything to do with how Sentinel imports the data.

Unfortunately, we can't control how Sentinel does what it does...

Sent from my Galaxy S6 via Tapatalk

JustLou

A little inside info on the new radio system.

260bzgm.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.