New LA USD P25 system

kj6psg

WACN BEE00, System ID BE9.
857.1375 RFSS 1, Site 1. CQPSK/LSM modulation is used, and it should be a simulcast from all FB2 sites on the license.
Both the license and band plan suggest it'll be Phase 2 operation. Band plans for 700 MHz, 800 MHz, and 900 MHz are transmitted.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
453.400WNXZ591RM162 NACLAUSD PD-2Police - Valley and West (Districts 1-3)P25Law Dispatch
453.800KMK876RM131 NACLAUSD PD-1Police - Central, South and East (Districts 4-7)P25Law Dispatch

So these P25 channels will be gone soon. Bummer.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
It may be the school buses only. The comments in the license say: "LICENSEE IS A SCHOOL DISTRICT, WHICH IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE PUBLIC SAFETY RADIO POOL PER 90.20(A)(1). RADIOS ARE USED TO COORDINATE EFFICIENT AND SAFE OPERATION OF PUBLIC SCHOOL BUSES AND THE SAFETY OF BUS DRIVERS AND STUDENTS."

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
Yeah that could be right but who knows right? I would think LAUSD would go over to the new LAPD Trunked System when that goes live in a few years from now. I thought that was going to be mostly the plan.

If you are right with what KJ6PSG said that 900 mhz transmitting then that would make sense for school bus system for LAUSD. Maybe other talkgroups will be for just not school buses either. Maybe some other school related stuff too. School to School and Emergency access if there was an incident straight to LAPD or LAUSD. Like a fulltime access talkgroup in there too since LAUSD does have a lot of bad stuff happen from time to time. Wondering since summer time is here that they will get this system to be a 100 percent live when students go back to school in towo or three months from now. Buses all get serviced and installed like conveyor belt.

Send Motorola techs or contractors in and line the buses up and boom boom boom. Then hit all the schools with a console maybe in the main office and handheld new N series Motorola radios to security and maintenance and so on. Just some thought.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
It may be the school buses only. The comments in the license say: "LICENSEE IS A SCHOOL DISTRICT, WHICH IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE PUBLIC SAFETY RADIO POOL PER 90.20(A)(1). RADIOS ARE USED TO COORDINATE EFFICIENT AND SAFE OPERATION OF PUBLIC SCHOOL BUSES AND THE SAFETY OF BUS DRIVERS AND STUDENTS."
Copy paste from the school bus licenses and many of the same frequencies. Time will tell if it's only for the buses. I could see PD and schools themselves jumping on the TRS but again time will tell.
Yeah that could be right but who knows right? I would think LAUSD would go over to the new LAPD Trunked System when that goes live in a few years from now. I thought that was going to be mostly the plan.

If you are right with what KJ6PSG said that 900 mhz transmitting then that would make sense for school bus system for LAUSD. Maybe other talkgroups will be for just not school buses either. Maybe some other school related stuff too. School to School and Emergency access if there was an incident straight to LAPD or LAUSD. Like a fulltime access talkgroup in there too since LAUSD does have a lot of bad stuff happen from time to time. Wondering since summer time is here that they will get this system to be a 100 percent live when students go back to school in towo or three months from now. Buses all get serviced and installed like conveyor belt.

Send Motorola techs or contractors in and line the buses up and boom boom boom. Then hit all the schools with a console maybe in the main office and handheld new N series Motorola radios to security and maintenance and so on. Just some thought.
900mhz has nothing to do with it. Many bandplans broadcast 900mhz even if there aren't 900mhz freqs. SD RCS, Santa Clara SVRCS, Maricopa County AZ, LVMPD, Santa Maria to name a few, aren't 900mhz but still have 935.0125 in their bandplans.

Maybe we have someone from LAUSD on RR that might be generous enough to shed some light on this new system.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
I forgot to read this part of someones last posting.

Band plans for 700 MHz, 800 MHz, and 900 MHz are transmitted.

I do understand the band plans when it comes to the ASTRO 25 Channel ID's and programming. Having the 900 mhz Channel ID would make sense when sniffing out on the Control Channel. But it does look like an 800 mhz Motorola System because the WACN is BEE00

Of course they will be in Phase II TDMA mode backend and the front end if they already have trunking radios then they can still use FDMA on the front end if their used radios are not TDMA equiped. If they are all getting new radios and were granted money most likey they are getting APX 6000 maybe but I think the 6000 are getting retired as we speak with Motorola. Most likely not at this point and will get the new N series portables or APX 8000 depending on price for the hip radios. Now for the mobiles will be the 6500 or 7500 or maybe the 8500 mobiles most likely depending on price and interops if needed.

That's my thought as well as hardware MACE which is not a nice topic that is already built free into the radios now. Comes standard now either hardware or SW-AES256. You do not even need the hardware MACE anymore on any BN radio or APX 8000 anymore. Welcome gentlemen to the new world.

You do not even need to use a 5K Motorola KVL anymore. But in government side of business you need a KVL with a shadow key to be safe and its most likely mandatory. But the free tools out there today are so awesome and work beautiful if you can't afford a 5K Motorola Pretty KVL. I have used free tools and loaded AES-256 Keys with just a programming cable and that's it. Beautiful what China makes and they are some smart Mother F'ers.

Also, with LMR, and LTE and WiFi and Bluetooth KVL's will be a thing of the past. OTAP and OTAR on the fly at lighting speed. The hand touching of radios are going to be a thing of the past. Look at your Android and iPhone and picture that being a Motorola radio now. Software updates and Firmware updates on the fly. OTAR whenever as needed with automation and hands free from a technician console and build containers and put radios in certain containers and push templates and OTAP and OTAR instantly no matter if they are on LMR or LTE or Wifi and hit the inside of their building and the radio instantly connects to the internal LAN and boom. Be on WiFi and not even know it.

The radio will be on LMR still and the data portion of the OS of the new N series can take the data portion and seperate and be on WiFI and get the data it needs while the LMR communicaiton is still hitting the trunking towers. Just like a cell phone. You have the LTE portion for voice and you have the 5G data stream for everthing else.

It's crazy whats coming so fast. My company we handle a 11K laptops daily and we barely hand touch ever anymore when pushing updates and now Windows 11. We OTAR every machine with its own AES-256 key. There are 11K different AES keys for each laptop. If I check out the key and give it to the user to get back into their machine, then the next day our automation just re-keys the machine on its own. It knows I checked out the key to get the user back into their laptop. See where I am going with all of this technology. When you report to The Federal Reserve Board they will hold you butt to the fire. If not, you are shut down. Period the end. You have no choices.

1719450687971.png

Last edited:

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Anyone observe any activity on this new system yet?

With schools back in session last week, I watched the control channel for about 20 minutes and did not note any activity.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
Have not heard anything yet. Most likely will not on their new system. Still hearing LAUSD 1 and 2 still on UHF P25 Coventional still.

If we can it would be a bonus, but holding no hopes.