New Liskeard Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bglatour001

Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
178
Reaction score
1
Location
New Liskeard, ON
Just to let all know, I'm currently waiting for approval for a feed in New Liskeard. For now it's just gonna be a mono feed providing OPP, EMS, New Liskeard fire, MNR, MTO, EMS paging and Air Ambulance. Hopefully I can get the alpha tags to work so you'll know what you're listening to. In the near future, I wish to set it up with a stereo feed with one radio doing Fleetnet and emergency services and the other doing local public works, marine, ham and transportation. Hope to be up and running soon.
 

bglatour001

Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
178
Reaction score
1
Location
New Liskeard, ON
I almost forgot. I can also pick up the Quebec provincial RENIR system. Once it fully wakes up, I'll be adding that to the stream.
 

martyjess

Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2010
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
New Liskeard feed

What is RENIR?? Are you getting Rouyn-Noranda QPP?

I have all Rouyn frequencies, I'd like to know what your listening to.

Thanks
 

goatboy

Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I am in Cobalt at a very good elevation line of site to all towers, hell I'm higher than NorthernTel's Cell tower. Anyway. I've got a older Analog Realistic Pro-26, loads of RG-6 and bnc connectors. The stock antenna is about 10" long and appears to be steel in a spring like formation. Currently just using it for CBC and take it camping with me to pick up radio feeds for something to listen too. Now that I have a gundig world band I don't bother much with it.

Is there anything interesting I can pick up other than the trains hehe. It used to pull in a police band a couple of years ago the one with the annoying tones.

Thanks again for the KL and NL feeds.
 

East_Algoma

Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2009
Messages
264
Reaction score
0
Location
ONTARIO
I had thought you had your own Police Dept there.,...In 1990 I am sure I applied at the Police Dept in your Town....Perhaps it was a Town Police Dept , then OPP got the Police Contract ? ( Curious ) Congrats on yer Feed.,,,,I will re add my feed...maybe Ill add it to my Scanner website , right now , my laptop gets too hot for a 4/7 D+Feed.....Ill find some junky P4 - Make a *nix box outta it and stream here or Shoutcast...we shall see.....Again , best of luck !!!
 
Last edited:

goatboy

Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Disbanded the detachment most of the officers moved to OPP special constables got the boot as did dispatch etc. Both the Fire Department and the NL Police Services needed more space. So when the town amalgamated with Dymond to the north and Haileybury to the south it was believed to no longer be cost effective. Seems to me more of political thing. Face it they only existed to protect the rich in new liskeard from acquiring and abstract with the OPP. Remember a Criminal record is not the same as a Police Abstract which documents every damn contact good or bad they've had with you.
 

bglatour001

Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
178
Reaction score
1
Location
New Liskeard, ON
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.4.5; U; en-CA) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pre/1.0)

having some issues getting my feed to work properly. Hope to have them resolved shortly. Sorry all.
 

East_Algoma

Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2009
Messages
264
Reaction score
0
Location
ONTARIO
Thank You , I knew I had applied at that Police Dept... , thought I was going crazy there fer a sec...OPP seems to be the way most small town Police Services Boards are going , I recall here in Elliot Lake the costing analysis of OPP vs Town Police, we saved $700,000 in the 1st yr alone.

Same Policing , mega savings....anyways , I will help you with your feed if need be.


Thanks
 

martyjess

Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2010
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
New Liskeard feed

What antenna do you use with your scanner? Is it digital?

I have to use a antenna that is not even made for a scanner in order for my scanner to not receive any interference.

As soon as I install my rubber antenna, It won't trunk track any more or stop on any digital frequencies.

I bought a Ground Loop Isolator and still it won't work.

Just curious if you had any trouble with that at all.
 

bglatour001

Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
178
Reaction score
1
Location
New Liskeard, ON
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.4.5; U; en-CA) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pre/1.0)

Feed is back up... Hopefully it stays running now...
 

bglatour001

Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
178
Reaction score
1
Location
New Liskeard, ON
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.4.5; U; en-CA) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pre/1.0)

My antenna is of my own creation. Not fully completed but pulls in Fleetnet at full strength. I'll post pics tomorrow.
 

martyjess

Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2010
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Analog scanner

Try 413.8625 or 413.5375

Those frequencies should work with your pro scanner. They are police beat repeater.

Also got Google, Type TAFL, And enter your city. You should be able to see all frequencies for your town.

Police frequencies will not be in there, but the rest should be. Like taxi, mines, fire, and much more.
 

bglatour001

Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
178
Reaction score
1
Location
New Liskeard, ON
Just to ask anyone listening to my feed... How does the audio sound? To me it sounds a little distorted. I have my scanner volume at 4 and my line input level is at 18%. If I go any lower, nobody will be able to hear it.
 

jerry092975

Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2010
Messages
378
Reaction score
1
Location
Chester County, Pennsylvania
Just to ask anyone listening to my feed... How does the audio sound? To me it sounds a little distorted. I have my scanner volume at 4 and my line input level is at 18%. If I go any lower, nobody will be able to hear it.
Yeah it sounds REALLY LOUD if you have a realtec HD audio manager just turn down the RECORD volume a little it should take care of that and any background noise.
 

martyjess

Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2010
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
New Liskeard

I think your audio is very good. No problems hearing at all. Good job.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top