New Oakland system

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
Really? Thanks for that info. I know Oakland is hopping but I always wondered why I never could pick them up even when I am in the area via car. Must be the whole system fire and police.

I get Alameda.

Alameda isnt on Oakland's system.

pb3400

Feed Provider
P25 changes?

I know Oakland is looking to join the EBRCS, but I haven't seen any new talkgroups for them yet.

The RR OPD and OFD scanners have been down for a while now. I attempted to setup Unitrunker to create a new feed but I can't locate the P25 control channel for either system. I checked the frequencies listed in the database, but I'm picking up instead the SF City/County Motorola system.

Does anyone have an idea of what's going on?

kma371

QRT
There hasn't been any changes to frequencies. Oaklands system is horrible so it's no surprise you aren't hearing anything. The transition to Ebrcs is coming real soon

stingray327

I know Oakland is looking to join the EBRCS, but I haven't seen any new talkgroups for them yet.

The RR OPD and OFD scanners have been down for a while now. I attempted to setup Unitrunker to create a new feed but I can't locate the P25 control channel for either system. I checked the frequencies listed in the database, but I'm picking up instead the SF City/County Motorola system.

Does anyone have an idea of what's going on?

Same results here. I get SF and or Alameda. No Oakland and you know oakland has lots of activity going on yet its quiet on the radio.

pb3400

Feed Provider
Same results here. I get SF and or Alameda. No Oakland and you know oakland has lots of activity going on yet its quiet on the radio.
I was poking around with one of my SDR's and still haven't found it :(
I know it must be hopping, the scanner was already incredibly busy. I live in Oakland, not far from downtown so I know for sure I would pick it up.

Oakland hasn't shown up in EBRCS so idk what's happening...

stingray327

I was poking around with one of my SDR's and still haven't found it :(
I know it must be hopping, the scanner was already incredibly busy. I live in Oakland, not far from downtown so I know for sure I would pick it up.

Oakland hasn't shown up in EBRCS so idk what's happening...

So then what freqs. and radio system are they using?

jland138

Not getting a great signal in north Santa Clara County, but the system looks active from here with the same frequencies as the database. The only thing that might be causing problems is that 31553 (Patrol 1) and 31554 (Patrol 2) are currently patched to 65528. 31555 (Patrol 3), Fire and OHA aren't currently patched.

Might be worth listening with a wildcard talkgroup (all groups) and see if this it's a reception issue or problem handling patches.

pb3400

Feed Provider
Looks like I found Site 2 simulcast control at 854.18750.
Even though I'm so close I'm having a hard time getting enough signal for a good decode on the voice.

pb3400

Feed Provider
I was listening today near 15th and Clay with a PSR 800 and a Miracle Baby antenna. Receiving all the usual Oakland PD channels with the usual occasional simulcast distortion.
Thanks for the report! I don't know what's going on, I'm over near Park & E 18th, I can pick up control but having trouble decoding...
Sigh

AdminLaw

Reception is highly varible depending on exactly where you are.

If you are driving, the system will come in crystal clear in some locations, and break up to the point where it is unintelligible in others.

Even at a fixed location, one with usually good reception, sometimes mobile units are clearer than dispatch.

Danny94103

Oakland PD has recently switched to the East Bay Regional Communications System (EBRCS) several months ago (January 2017?). I just discovered this last week when talking to a Oakland PD officer. The Officer noted that his new radio cost more than everything combined on this belt including his service handgun. Today I updated my Uniden 436 using an updated Sentinel v1.07 software, downloaded updated database and I can report that after all these years it is finally working like the old days when everything was much simpler.

The old simulcast drop-outs and interference so far has disappeared after testing it out for the last 4 hours.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.