New owner P25 Clipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd6imz

Im new to the SDS200 and it appears that all of the LAPD P25 broadcast clip missing portions of the broadcast. I have an old radio Shack P25 scanner that works great sitting side by side. Have I missed a setting somewhere?

K4EET

Chaplain
Hi Wyatt and welcome to Radio Reference!

It would help if you could post the HPD file that you program Los Angeles Police into your Uniden SDS200 scanner. I'm not familiar with the Radio Shack line of P25 scanners but somebody here might want to see that file as well for comparison.

73, Dave K4EET

tvengr

Well Known Member
On Sentinel, go to the File tab and export to hpe file. You will have to right click on the file and send it to a compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. I have a Pro-197 and use ARC500 and Win500 software. Hi Dave! Haven't seen you for a while.

K4EET

Chaplain
On Sentinel, go to the File tab and export to hpe file. You will have to right click on the file and send it to a compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. I have a Pro-197 and use ARC500 and Win500 software. Hi Dave! Haven't seen you for a while.
Howdy! I goofed on the file extension. I thought it was HPD. So it is the HPE one we need. I have another post where I'm wrong then. Off to fix that one. LOL! Cheers! Dave

Ubbe

.... the LAPD P25 broadcast clip missing portions of the broadcast....
If it clips in the middle of transmissions then it's probably interference that makes that happen. Can you set the display to show NOISE level and D-ERROR as that will help diagnose the problem. If you have a mobile camera then take a video of it and post on google drive or somewhere similar where you can share videos.

/Ubbe

kd6imz

All, the Radio Shack scanner is a Pro96 purchased may yeas ago and works like a champ. When I upgraded to the 200, All I did was use the zip code and set my location and then checked the boxes to reject all but LAPD. bear with me Sentinal is a challenge so Im not really clear how to extract a file.

Ubbe

The SDS scanner models are much more prone to be interfered than older scanners based on a conventional receiver. Be prepared to experiment with different filter settings to overcome some initial interfering issues, but it might not be enough anyhow if you have run out of luck.

At top left in Sentinel you have File. In there you have Export to hpe file. Select the favorite list in question and click past the service types and you end up at the screen where is says to Save As and shows a file name and your different folders on your computer. Save to a place you can find later and then go there with file explorer and right click on the file and choose to zip it and attach the zip to a message here.

/Ubbe

kd6imz

The SDS scanner models are much more prone to be interfered than older scanners based on a conventional receiver. Be prepared to experiment with different filter settings to overcome some initial interfering issues, but it might not be enough anyhow if you have run out of luck.

At top left in Sentinel you have File. In there you have Export to hpe file. Select the favorite list in question and click past the service types and you end up at the screen where is says to Save As and shows a file name and your different folders on your computer. Save to a place you can find later and then go there with file explorer and right click on the file and choose to zip it and attach the zip to a message here.

/Ubbe
working on uploading the file

kd6imz

If the 'missing portions of the broadcast' interruption is regular - every xx seconds, you may have one of these turned on:
Priority​
Close Call​
Weather Priority​
that might be it will check

kd6imz

OK folks, I don't have a favorite list created to post, but it appears that by shutting the priority, close call and weather has improved things a lot. you folks are awesome, thanks for the assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.