New PA Turnpike Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

W3AWF

Premium Subscriber
While listening to the scanners today I was playing with which banks I had open and opened the bank in which I have all of the DCNR frequencies. Very quickly, I happened to stumble across something very interesting. A frequency that I have alpha tagged as the District 17 Simplex frequency "159.08125", now has PA turnpike traffic on it.

I am receiving full quieting signals which leads me to believe that it is possibly a new district 3 or district 4 frequency as per my location. Does anyone possibly have any more information about this?

marksmith

This is close enough to existing repeater output frequencies for the PA Turnpike that what you are receiving could be an image of one of those.

I don't think the PA Turnpike has licensed any new frequencies lately.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
I am taking a trip north this summer be going through the PA turnpike headed 76 west, jumping on around breezewood. is all i need loaded to hear PD on the turnpike from the link below (PA Turnpike commision freqs, analog). if so, great, loaded them on my 436 already. will i hear much? usually dont scan while driving, but may try it this time for the heck of it. will need load the Ohio Turnpike freqs also.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=1260

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
There is lots of turnpike chatter, but mostly it's about broken down cars, people walking along the road, etc.

i usually do not scan while driving, but thought the turnpike may be interesting. prob not though. i'd rather listen to 11 meters (CB) and see what is going on that way. i programmed the the stuff from the Ohio MARCS. will see what happens.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Looks like some of the police activity migrated to open sky or mdt

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Looks like some of the police activity migrated to open sky or mdt

All the PSP units have OpenSky radios. The OpenSky channels are patched to the VHF. The troopers often sound worse on the radio than everybody else since they're talking on digital audio that is patched over to the analog. Now and then, you'll hear Highspire dispatch telling a trooper that they've "gone digital" because the trooper is calling from a spot with bad OoenSky coverage and the audio is garbled.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
I have to say there could be a talkgroup that not patched over cause at least dist 1 dont ever hear traffic stops anymore or most of the police only traffic im used to hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.