New Pro 106 - Trunk Problem using Win500

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiger65

Well I got my scanner today and transferred all the data from my converted Pro95 data to Win500 and installed into the Pro106 with no problem; however, I am unable to get the TSYS to work. I pick up the 800 frequencies but they are not being trunked. On the Pro 106 screen I see TGRP, VC, Freq no. and alpha tags but never “T” for trunk control. Since I have used the Pro95 for so long the Pro106 has been a challenge with the new terminology etc. . In the Pro106 using Win500 under TSYS I have all my control channels shown under system frequencies. All talkgroups for Public Services were transferred and shown correctly. I am not sure what the Trunking Tables do but I try to set it to 800MHZ standard. In the trunking table there are base freqs show, which I assume were created by win500.(?) I am not sure what is next step. Also how do you change a trunk sys from “open” to “Close”. I assume I am in the Open mode since I do see some new IDs.

If I can just figure this out all will be working and I will be able to keep what hair I have left on my head.

Thank you for any help

DickH

Well I got my scanner today and transferred all the data from my converted Pro95 data to Win500 and installed into the Pro106 with no problem; however, I am unable to get the TSYS to work. I pick up the 800 frequencies but they are not being trunked. On the Pro 106 screen I see TGRP, VC, Freq no. and alpha tags but never “T” for trunk control. Since I have used the Pro95 for so long the Pro106 has been a challenge with the new terminology etc. . In the Pro106 using Win500 under TSYS I have all my control channels shown under system frequencies. All talkgroups for Public Services were transferred and shown correctly. I am not sure what the Trunking Tables do but I try to set it to 800MHZ standard. In the trunking table there are base freqs show, which I assume were created by win500.(?) I am not sure what is next step. Also how do you change a trunk sys from “open” to “Close”. I assume I am in the Open mode since I do see some new IDs.

If I can just figure this out all will be working and I will be able to keep what hair I have left on my head.

Thank you for any help

In this scanner OPEN = SEARCH and CLOSED = SCAN

jfhtm350

What system are you trying to program? I can program it in win500 for you and send it to you and whatever else you want programmed. I am next door to you.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Another difference with the newer scanners, is only needing the control channels, not the frequencies of the voice channels.

tiger65

Thanks all for your replies. After reading more in the forums and the manual I believe the trunk system is working. I have to remember I am no longer using the Pro95. I have programed all the public services in Knoxville with the associated four CCs and talk groups from RR. Also I have Oak Ridge in a separate scan list with thier CCs. I will go ahead and only include the CCs in the system freqs.

jfhtm350, thanks for your offer. I would appreciate it since it will help.

jfhtm350

Sure no problem. Tell me what you want programmed in what scanlist and I'll try to fix you up. PM me with your email also. If your wanting a P25 trunked site programmed in, it may be hit or miss. The Pro106 sometimes doesnt want to program in the bandplan for you like the Pigeon Forge Public Safety System and I will have to try to program the bandplan manually. Shouldnt be a problem though.

Another note is I usually put in all the frequencies (CC and VC) for the system. I have found that several systems around me, the CC are not always correct in the database and if you dont have the CC programmed in, you will not pick up the system. At most you will loose milliseconds on the scan turnaround time and you dont have to worry about the system changing CC's unless they program in a new frequency that you dont know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.