New radios being tested on FleetNet

EJB

20 + year membership
I'm mobile and not with a scanner that I can record with, but Mississauga CACC are getting new radios and they are testing them on FleetNet Miss Tac talkgroup.

They are Halton units, 3186 and 3190, one of the RID'S is 44417.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
I'm mobile and not with a scanner that I can record with, but Mississauga CACC are getting new radios and they are testing them on FleetNet Miss Tac talkgroup.

They are Halton units, 3186 and 3190, one of the RID'S is 44417.
Eric,

I've been seeing that for a while now with York, Durham, and Hamilton. I wonder if it's worth storing the radio ID's. I'm wondering if those will be the new RID's on the new system

gary123

The RID's will change on PSRN. Different system, so they will be using different RID's. I hope that there might be a better pattern to the RID's but I doubt it. My guess is that they are just grabbing the first box on the pile and installing that radio into the vehicle.

hunterca

SDS100, BCD325P2
Premium Subscriber
For the people that mentioned Zone 2. Are you picking up ID's using FleetNet or the new system? I am guessing you are using SDR receivers.

Are you using the original CC to get the new ID's? I have programmed my SDS100 to the Ottawa Carlisle site and put the scanner on Discovery. So far no new hits. Is it possible that Bell is not yet testing it here yet?

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
For the people that mentioned Zone 2. Are you picking up ID's using FleetNet or the new system? I am guessing you are using SDR receivers.
FleetNet on my 436 using ProScan

Are you using the original CC to get the new ID's? I have programmed my SDS100 to the Ottawa Carlisle site and put the scanner on Discovery. So far no new hits. Is it possible that Bell is not yet testing it hear yet?
Radio ID's come across automatically for me and I just program them in using ProScan when I have the patience to track ID's. I'm not using Discovery mode, I'm just in regular scanning mode.

hunterca

SDS100, BCD325P2
Premium Subscriber
FleetNet on my 436 using ProScan

Radio ID's come across automatically for me and I just program them in using ProScan when I have the patience to track ID's. I'm not using Discovery mode, I'm just in regular scanning mode.
Thank You

Jradioptbo

I have recently heard techs doing tests on the Peterborough FleetNet tower site. Performing audio checks with digital and analog between 2 techs on different radios.