New Radios Issued?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
I forgot tabby, it has towers on 800, does your bct8 to 800 mhz trunking , rebanded? I'm not sure how to explain the rebanded part, basically if it accepts frequencies that are i.e 852.3750 and follows it with trunking.. before the frequencies were like 858.9125, the radio map for following trunking tells the radio by the control channel what channel to go to, that has been reconfigured..

enosjones

Premium Subscriber

KI7HBN

I forgot tabby, it has towers on 800, does your bct8 to 800 mhz trunking , rebanded?
It's possible that I don't have that enabled yet and it didn't switch automatically. It's an older BCT8 but I believe it is perfectly compatible with 800mhz. That said, I am unsure what the new central dispatch frequency is assuming they have changed over.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
When u program an 800 mhz system it asks if its p25 edacs Motorola type 1 or ii, or ltr, in your can for the time being it would be Motorola type 2 800, u would program the frequencies for each 800 mhz site, each consist of about 4 -6 frequencies each, since this system has been rebanded, the type of system needs to be adjusted. The typical mapping for 800 type 2 is different from the rebanded version. I can't remember what the old version was, but the custom is now for uniden radios : (these will probably be listed under custom)
Uniden 800mhz Rebanding Table
Band Plan
Base Freq (lower)
Base Freq (upper)
Offset
Polarity
Spacing
1 (band 1 or preset 1)
+
25 khz
2 (band 2 or preset 2)
+
25 khz

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Or u can import the system using one of the many programs to download the system to your computer then to your scanner if its capable

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Once they switch to the new phase 2 digital system i don't know if u can pick it up on the bct8 im not familiar with that scanner to know if its digital or not

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
As of yet fcc or UCA hasn't issued any licenses for phase2 700mhz for Duchesne and Uintah counties yet

KI7HBN

After u have it setup then go to Utah Communications Authority Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies and look for the sites and frequencies for the Uintah basin, then I'd set it to ID search so it will search all talkgroups
Perfect, thank you for the help! I will have to sit down tonight after work and mess with everything. I downloaded the Uniden software to program my BCT125 handheld recently so I should be able to update the profile with nay new changes found and copy it to the BCT8.

N7YUO

Here is some food for thought:
When the old 6225 trunked radio system upgraded from analog motorola
to p25 digital, they got new system ID, 322E000A, new freqs,
and new talk group IDs. Example: Ground was 9776 analog, now 10132 digital.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
The UCA site is saying there are 3 compatible radio manufacturers entities can buy radio's from with analog firmware loaded and they will program them for analog. Then when the changeover takes place the radio will have to be returned to the mfg to be reflashed with digital firmware. Then the UCA can program the fleetmaps and zones onto the new firmware.

This could explain why some of the radio's I hear constantly have a little bit different tone to them recently.

bhall7

Premium Subscriber
The UCA site is saying there are 3 compatible radio manufacturers entities can buy radio's from with analog firmware loaded and they will program them for analog. Then when the changeover takes place the radio will have to be returned to the mfg to be reflashed with digital firmware. Then the UCA can program the fleetmaps and zones onto the new firmware.

This could explain why some of the radio's I hear constantly have a little bit different tone to them recently.
Yes, recently traffic on the UCA, while still being transmitted in a totally analog format, has a digital sound similar to P25. I think it’s the recent dispatch center upgrades or the digital back haul—not sure.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
Over the last few days the "Astro" 57600 has been quite active. Now this channel is enc but I have heard test calls claiming reprogramming of the new radio's for UDOT in Box Elder Co. by someone representing FCS or FSC...my dyslexia gets the better of me.

MotoTRK

Yes, recently traffic on the UCA, while still being transmitted in a totally analog format, has a digital sound similar to P25. I think it’s the recent dispatch center upgrades or the digital back haul—not sure.

Dispatch centers got NG911 not new consoles. Backhaul also wouldn’t account for any changes in audio quality as it is simply transport.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
I've experienced many different artifacts in the last week or two. Squelch which doesn't work correctly and keeps the channel open to noise after the completition of a transmission. Digital garbage preceeding voice conversations after a radio keys up. Attenuation problems from both dispatch consoles and portable radio's alike. And several more.

I wonder if it has to do with taking all the equipment out of the racks at existing sites and hanging it on walls or setting it on floors to make room for the newer equipment? LOL

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the update, and I have some questions/assumptions. Are you on the Weber Simo site (Site 01) or a different one?
Is this happening with all/many TGs, or just a few?
Are you sure the "noise" isn't digital/encrypted comms?
"Digital Garbage", I do not understand.
Last, are these things you have heard, or are hearing being reported by the users? (did that even make sense?):cautious:
Last, thanks for the update.(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.