New Release Available 1/20/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed that on a NXDN trunk system if a wildcard TG is found the TG ID is not displayed. Seems to display properly for other systems.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed that on a NXDN trunk system if a wildcard TG is found the TG ID is not displayed. Seems to display properly for other systems.

I'm currently monitoring a NXDN 9600 UHF trunked system. I have the TRX-1 "parked" on the TG: Wildcard. When it receives a transmission, I DO see the display alternate between Wildcard and the TG being received.

Maybe tell us more details on the system you're seeing this and your Blink Time settings, etc. to start isolating the problem?

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
I'm currently monitoring a NXDN 9600 UHF trunked system. I have the TRX-1 "parked" on the TG: Wildcard. When it receives a transmission, I DO see the display alternate between Wildcard and the TG being received.

Maybe tell us more details on the system you're seeing this and your Blink Time settings, etc. to start isolating the problem?

Seems to be a particular system I am trying to monitor and a talkgroup that shows up that are 64514 and 7478

Circa

Thank you for the continued support for the WS1080! I'm very happy that I recently replaced my Pro-668 with a Whistler WS1080!
This Whistler has included many quality of life features that my 668 was missing.

I still want to be able to export my custom made lists into a format that can be imported by my Uniden scanner using Freescan.

Will any future releases offer an Export CSV or tab delimited txt feature for Playlists?

Another issue is the incredibly slow library updates and copy to scanner (really any writing to scanner) while plugged directly into the scanner's usb.
45 minutes to update by USB or 30 seconds with external card reader.

Last edited:

mrkelso

Woo Hooo!!!!!!!!!

Everything works Nice. Thanks Whistlin Whistler............

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone monitored a 9600 NXDN system yet? I have some out of my range and planning on checking it out this week, but I know before the latest update, 9600 nxdn was not picking up at all.

wbswetnam

Has anyone monitored a 9600 NXDN system yet? I have some out of my range and planning on checking it out this week, but I know before the latest update, 9600 nxdn was not picking up at all.

NXDN conventional or trunked? I have monitored a local volunteer fire department on 9600 conventional, and it worked fine - and that was before this latest firmware upgrade!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm monitoring this one: Southwest Regional Communications Center Trunking System, Cedar Hill, Desoto, Dunca, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Before the latest update, it would not pick it up at all, either imported from the database, or entered manually with any combination of settings. Just brief, intermittent hits, no voice. Did not work if frequencies were entered conventionally, either.

After the latest update, the system does work as imported from the database. Another NXDN system, but 4800 not 9600, worked originally, and still works after the update (this one is not in the database yet).

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
NXDN conventional or trunked? I have monitored a local volunteer fire department on 9600 conventional, and it worked fine - and that was before this latest firmware upgrade!

Both! Before the update, I was getting occasional hits on Conventional lasting for 1-2 seconds, but no voice. And in trunked systems, I got a few hits, all showing as 0 seconds and no voice. I tried it this morning as I was working and at least I'm getting voice now. I'm going back this afternoon to try again, but definately looks like it's working now. Thanks to everyone!

BrianG61UK

Another issue is the incredibly slow library updates and copy to scanner (really any writing to scanner) while plugged directly into the scanner's usb.
45 minutes to update by USB or 30 seconds with external card reader.

45 minutes does sound very slow, I don't think it takes quite that long for me.

They'll never be able to make it work very fast since the USB client hardware seems to be only USB 1.1.

I wish they'd make it so that you can do all functions of the EZ-Scan software with the SD card in an external reader. At the moment, if I remember right, something gives an error if you try to check for firmware updates without the SD card in the scanner.

kc8tmv

Great job fixing the import functions!
1. Is there a "how to format" on the import files?(ie. delay, bklt/LED etc.)
2. May I suggest on "Advance Features" / "Advance Display Options" / "Line 4" to allow for "Site Only" as an option?

TAbirdman

Great job fixing the import functions!
1. Is there a "how to format" on the import files?(ie. delay, bklt/LED etc.)

Yup: In EZScan HELP menu - tells you what are the appropriate "answers" for each object type.

Status
Not open for further replies.