BCD325P2/BCD996P2: New scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjohnson2

Just got a new uniden bcd996p2 and it worked fine for one day and now its turning itself off and on and sometimes completely off

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you have a multimeter, check for power supply problems. If you have another Uniden power supply, try that.

chris

rjohnson2

If you have a multimeter, check for power supply problems. If you have another Uniden power supply, try that.

chris
Wish I did have another power supply paid to much for this scanner to be having issues when it is just 2 days old thks for replying

K4EET

Chaplain
Wish I did have another power supply paid to much for this scanner to be having issues when it is just 2 days old thks for replying
Is that a new or used Uniden BCD996P2 scanner? Have you contacted the seller about the issue? Perhaps they will send you a new wall-wart to see if that fixes the issue. Otherwise, you might have to return the scanner for an exchange or repair.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Just replace the wall-wart. It's a small expense for an expensive scanner, and it's not worth risking damaging your scanner if it's flaking out.
Wall-warts are cheap and even cheaper made. I've had wall warts fail right out of the box a number of times over the years.
Plus if you replace it, and it still doesn't work, then you know you need to return it.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Before buying another wall wart, try this:
The 996P2 comes with a wall wart, but it also comes with the cables needed to work in your vehicle. Use the 12vdc cable to power the scanner in your vehicle. If it works with no cutting in & out, then as earlier suggested, the wall wart is bad. Since you just received the scanner, contact Bearcat Warehouse & ask them either for either a replacement wall wart, or exchange the scanner for one that works correctly. If, even when powering with 12 volts, the scanner is still erratic, then it needs to be exchanged.

Status
Not open for further replies.