New Style LE Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

FD_1226

WRTV said that one of the cars will be on display at the City-County Building for the next few days.

jerk

ISP is going to white cars. District 45 troopers were talking on Safe-T about the new cars, there are 30 of them sitting somewhere ready to be put into service. Radios will be installed in about 30 days, and they were saying the laptop computers were not working yet.

So I figure soon they will be off low band.

AL

powerlineman

newsalan said:
ISP is going to white cars. District 45 troopers were talking on Safe-T about the new cars, there are 30 of them sitting somewhere ready to be put into service. Radios will be installed in about 30 days, and they were saying the laptop computers were not working yet.

AL

A trooper friend of mine said that all new cars being put together do not get a low band radio. He says first of 2007 they will pull out low band from existing cars.

bigbluemsp

newsalan said:

AL

I have a pic of the new cars but it's not white. Its black with blue decals.

16bbl3p.jpg

GTO_04

bigbluemsp said:
I have a pic of the new cars but it's not white. Its black with blue decals.

16bbl3p.jpg

Thanks for the pics bigbluemsp. Where did you find that? I read somewhere else they were going to white cars but after seeing this, that does not appear to be the case.

Dist 51(Pendleton) cars still have the low band radios in them. They actually used low band last week when they had trouble establishing radio contact with one of the troopers.

GTO_04

Go-24

kokomo1 said:
That is so wrong. ;) It is even worse than the new light bars which are 1 to 2 inches thick.

At least those cars still light up - this graphics company is advocating the use of no lights.
increase night-time officer safety -- without adding emergency lighting ...

I get so ticked off when some unmarked or for that matter marked car comes sailing past me like I wasnt even moving without their emergency lights on.

bigbluemsp

GTO_04 said:
Thanks for the pics bigbluemsp. Where did you find that? I read somewhere else they were going to white cars but after seeing this, that does not appear to be the case.

Dist 51(Pendleton) cars still have the low band radios in them. They actually used low band last week when they had trouble establishing radio contact with one of the troopers.

GTO_04

My buddy was at the Police Car Owners of America car ralley in Indy a few weeks ago. All the car owners were given a tour of the ISP Academy, and Motor Vehicle garage where they outfit all the ISP cars with lights, sirens, and decals..

There were 200 of the new black cars with blue striping on them.

For one I really think the blue looks sharp on the cars. I didn't like the gold.

GTO Pm me and I will get you a link to all of the pics and vids he took there at ISP.

Go-24 said:
At least those cars still light up - this graphics company is advocating the use of no lights.

I seriously doubt that Gall's is advocating the use of "no" lights, particularly considering that they are in the business of selling emergency lights. I take "increase night-time officer safety -- without adding emergency lighting" to means that, for traffic cars that presumeably have some form of emergency lighting, I don't have to add even more lighting to increase night-time officer safety if I use their product on these cars.

They should have worded it better, though... :)

bigbluemsp

Only fools buy emergency lights from Galls.

Trust me if you need lights I can get you a far better deal...

I know people that are Fed Sig, Whelen, Tomar, CODE3 dealers that sell it cheaper then Galls.

I don't buy much from Galls cause I also sell duty gear so I don't pay the high mark up that Galls charges.

GTO_04

bigbluemsp said:
Only fools buy emergency lights from Galls.

Trust me if you need lights I can get you a far better deal...

I know people that are Fed Sig, Whelen, Tomar, CODE3 dealers that sell it cheaper then Galls.

I don't buy much from Galls cause I also sell duty gear so I don't pay the high mark up that Galls charges.

Galls does seem a little high priced! I was amazed to see how bright the Whelen Talon LED flashers are. LED lighting has come a long way.

Back in the 80s the Indiana State Police had the dome rotators like Michigan had. Not exactly the same brand but similar in principle.

GTO_04

bigbluemsp

GTO_04 said:
Galls does seem a little high priced! I was amazed to see how bright the Whelen Talon LED flashers are. LED lighting has come a long way.

Back in the 80s the Indiana State Police had the dome rotators like Michigan had. Not exactly the same brand but similar in principle.

GTO_04

ISP used beacons by Federal Signal.

All the new cars will have Whelen Liberty LED bars and Whelen Talons in them. They dropped their contract with Federal Signal this year.

doublebarrel

Go-24 said:
I get so ticked off when some unmarked or for that matter marked car comes sailing past me like I wasnt even moving without their emergency lights on.

I can live with that. What I can't live with, is cops drive at or below speed limt. Happens so many times on Indy's I-465, whenever I saw a group of slow moving car in the distance as I was approaching, and it ain't rush hours, 99% time it was a cop leading the pack...

bigbluemsp

I travel back and forth to Louisville Ky all the time and I take the 465. The cops all seem to drive slow on the loop. I am always one of the few people to pass them. My buddy at IPD told me not to worry about getting stopped for anything under 10 over so I run 10 over all the time there. I always wave when I pass and so far all the cops I've passed in Indy have smiled and waved back.

GTO_04

bigbluemsp said:
I travel back and forth to Louisville Ky all the time and I take the 465. The cops all seem to drive slow on the loop. I am always one of the few people to pass them. My buddy at IPD told me not to worry about getting stopped for anything under 10 over so I run 10 over all the time there. I always wave when I pass and so far all the cops I've passed in Indy have smiled and waved back.

One of my co-workers tried that and the trooper turned on his lights and siren and motioned for him to slow down LOL!

How about some pics of the ISP bikes? Anyone? I've never seen one. They have been in use for a year or two.

GTO_04

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.