new to digital trunking Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearcat396

Hi all i have a uniden BCD 396T TRUNKER TRACKER IV trying to program Burlington county New Jesey
Police channels any help would be appreciated.

mciupa

Hi bearcat396, welcome to RadioReference :)

You will have to familiarize yourself with UHF trunking which requires you to set up some custom freq. tables with base freq, offset and spacing before you can enter in the site freq's.

Software definitely makes the job easier, by entering those values when you are prompted.
Otherwise, it is tedious to program by hand.

sjlamb

Download the FreeScan Software as already mentioned and install it on your PC. Once you have FreeScan installed and your scanner hooked up to the PC; confirm that the scanner and PC can communicate.

Now... download and save the attached zip file. Open the zip file and save the two FreeScan files contained therein somewhere on your PC. Use the FreeScan Software to open those files and dump them boogers into your radio. One file contains the County's Trunked Radio System and the other is the County Conventional frequencies.

I grew up in Cinnaminson.... small world. (aka "Sweetwater")

Attachments

• BurlcoFreeScanFiles.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
You need to open the zip files first then use the files that are inside, you might need WinZip or WinRar although if you have Windows it should be able to extract them itself.

sjlamb

You need to open the zip files first then use the files that are inside, you might need WinZip or WinRar although if you have Windows it should be able to extract them itself.

Exactly.... Most people have a zip utility program on thier PC such as "WinZip" to open Zip files. I have no way of knowing what your machine has for handling zip files.

Whatever you use; once the file is unzipped (opened) it contains (2) FreeScan files that you will want to save or drag to your desktop for easy access. Once those two files have been saved somewhere on your PC, you will THEN use the FreeScan program to open them. This is the first step to "loading up" FreeScan before you upload the files from FreeScan and into your scanner.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It's much better to use an external program to open zip files. I've heard of too many instances where Windows corrupts the files while unpacking.

Fortunately there are many - free- alternatives. I use 7zFM, and it has never given me any issues. WinRAR is another....73 Mike

sjlamb

Thanks to all for their input i'm up and running,(sj thanks for the files.)

You're welcome. One thing about those files that I sent..... In my radio, I assigned the Burlington County Trunked System a "Quick Key" numbered as '51' and the Conventional file a 'Quick Key' numbered as '52'.

Go into FreeScan and download the scanner's files back into FreeScan and change the 'Quick Keys' to numbers 1 and 2 respectively and then reload the files back into the scanner after checking the box that says "Erase All Systems &"

Status
Not open for further replies.