New to trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtaylor

Being new to trunking scanners; I have just purchased a pro 164, using the arc soft 300 software program.
I am not having any problems with the regular. analog freq.. But I am still having a problem understanding getting the trunking freq. and channels to merge right. I am trying to trunk Bucks County, Pa.

DickH

Being new to trunking scanners; I have just purchased a pro 164, using the arc soft 300 software program.
I am not having any problems with the regular. analog freq.. But I am still having a problem understanding getting the trunking freq. and channels to merge right. I am trying to trunk Bucks County, Pa.

Looking at that system, you will need to setup a custom band plan. I think you will need to do it manually for each bank you want to use. My guess is you only need to monitor site 2.
After you enter the custom band plan, then you can use your ARC300 to put in the freqs. and talk groups.
Here are the steps for entering the custom band plan. I have gone through all these steps on my PRO-162 and it seemed to go OK.:

VHF TRUNKING SETUP
NOTE: The correct setting may appear when you hit ENT. There is
no need to re-enter it. Just hit ENT again to step to the next position.
1. Press ENT then TRUNK/MODE, select bank number -> ENT
2. Repeatedly press FUNC + TRUNK/MODE and select MOT Mode.
4. Press FUNC + 2. The Custom Range menu appears.
5. Select Base Freq 1/3, and press ENT.
6. Enter 501.0375 - > ENT
7. Enter 510.5125 - > ENT
8. Press the DOWN arrow (Offset) -> ENT
9. Enter 380 -> ENT
10. Press the DOWN arrow (Spacing) -> ENT
11. Enter 25.0 -> ENT

Status
Not open for further replies.