TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

ScanYak

Feed Provider
After about an hour and a half generating tones with Audacity and running v58 I found it failed to picked up a tone below 515. All but two of the AB tones in my tone file have at least one tone below 515 therefore it rarely found a match. I ran the same setup with v57(a) with no problem. I agree with "mghq" in what he found.

Hope this is some help. Thanks again Andy.

mghq

After about an hour and a half generating tones with Audacity and running v58 I found it failed to picked up a tone below 515. All but two of the AB tones in my tone file have at least one tone below 515 therefore it rarely found a match. I ran the same setup with v57(a) with no problem. I agree with "mghq" in what he found.

Hope this is some help. Thanks again Andy.

And the bad thing is in my county all fire tones have at least B tone below 500 hz

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I was finally able to reproduce this last night on v58 on one of my setups. The problem occurred when I ran the EXE file, but not when I ran from source (the .py file). This would indicate a problem with the build process. I'll try to do some more testing tonight and rebuild and see if that fixes the issue.

Andy

ChiefMarshall

Cp200/m1225

We have a few radios kicking around. Can either the Motorola CP200 or M1225 work to scan? If so, would I use the USB programming cable to connect to the PC to work?

Rather not have to purchase a separate scanner for this.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
v58 Re-Posted

I just reposted v58 to the program page after rebuilding it. I didn't make any code changes, just did a rebuild of the EXE. It appears to be working properly. Give it a shot and let me know.

Thanks,

Andy

aaknitt

Feed Provider
We have a few radios kicking around. Can either the Motorola CP200 or M1225 work to scan? If so, would I use the USB programming cable to connect to the PC to work?

Rather not have to purchase a separate scanner for this.

Any radio will work. You would not use the programming cable. You'd have to make up an audio cable to go from the radio to the sound card of your computer. For the M1225 you can get audio from the 16 pin connector on the rear of the radio. For the CP200 you'd have to make up some kind of cable using the speaker/mic connection.

Andy

gfdfortynine

Andy V58 tested ok for me also
BTW been running 57a couple days no falsing, both departments, stacked pages the works with no problems.
So one of the fixes cleaned up the problem

Thanks for a great program

kenmaples

v58 missed the DC tone last night. Well it didn't actually miss it as much as it incorrectly identified it as another tone.

There is overlap with tone tolerance, but I would think that it would pick the one closest to the actual defined value. I think I found the reason why I had my tolerance dialed in so tight. In testing, it selected the correct tone once in about 10-15 tries.

I am running at 1.0% tone tolerance
642 should allow 635.58 - 648.42
634 should allow 627.66 - 640.34
Overlap = 635.58 - 640.34

Below is my tones.cfg and attached are the tones that I captured and used to reproduce this.

Tones.cfg:
[Tone01]
Atone = 642
Btone = 1285
Btonelength = .4
Description = DC
mp3_Emails = EMAIL@EMAIL.com
alert_command = D:\TwoToneDetect\Scripts\Alert.bat [d]
playback_during_record = 1

[Tone02]
Atone = 634
Btone = 1285
Btonelength = .4
Description = ANYSTATION

Attachments

• 642.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 69

aaknitt

Feed Provider
v58 missed the DC tone last night. Well it didn't actually miss it as much as it incorrectly identified it as another tone.

There is overlap with tone tolerance, but I would think that it would pick the one closest to the actual defined value. I think I found the reason why I had my tolerance dialed in so tight. In testing, it selected the correct tone once in about 10-15 tries.

I am running at 1.0% tone tolerance
642 should allow 635.58 - 648.42
634 should allow 627.66 - 640.34
Overlap = 635.58 - 640.34

Below is my tones.cfg and attached are the tones that I captured and used to reproduce this.

Tones.cfg:
[Tone01]
Atone = 642
Btone = 1285
Btonelength = .4
Description = DC
alert_command = D:\TwoToneDetect\Scripts\Alert.bat [d]
playback_during_record = 1

[Tone02]
Atone = 634
Btone = 1285
Btonelength = .4
Description = ANYSTATION

Ken,

It won't necessarily grab the closest one, it will grab whichever one it finds first as it iterates through the array of tone sets. The program assumes that there's only one valid tone frequency within the tolerance band. In this case the only solution is to dial down your tone tolerance. You'll also want to make sure that the program is reading as close as possible to the actual tone frequency, which you can adjust with the tone offset parameter if you need to. What tone frequency does the program think it's seeing during the DC A tone? You can check the log.txt file or view the debug screen after the tone set is sent.

I'm surprised they use tones that close together.

Andy

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Speech to Text

Hi everyone,

A lot of people have been asking for a speech to text feature to translate the spoken dispatches into text. This isn't easy. Speech to text systems are still not very accurate. The systems we all use every day that are decently accurate like Google voice search on Android, Ford Sync, etc. work well because the person using them knows that they're using a voice to text system and they speak slowly and clearly, usually using common phrases. Dispatchers, not so much. Here is a link to a website where you can try Google's speech to text software:

HTML5 Presentation

You'll need to use a newer verion of the Chrome browser to use it. Instead of speaking into your microphone, use your Line In and feed it audio from your dispatch center. If your results are anything like mine, it doesn't work very well. There is a "backdoor" way to access the Google voice to text system, and I could implement this in TwoToneDetect, but I don't think the results are good enough to be useful for anyone. Give it a try with your audio and let me know if your results are any better. If it works well for enough people I can add it.

Andy
Andy

KC1IMD

Feed Provider
Hi Andy
If you considering an update , is there anyway to include a checkbox to set the priority of the text? I have seen this in a paid-for version. Thanks
Joe

aaknitt

Feed Provider
index error in v58

Has anyone else gotten the "Index Error" in v58? I got it once today on one of two setups monitoring the same channel and hadn't seen it before with v58.

Thanks,

Andy

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
My results weren't great either Andy but quite Funny, thanks for the laugh!

Hi everyone,

A lot of people have been asking for a speech to text feature to translate the spoken dispatches into text. This isn't easy. Speech to text systems are still not very accurate. The systems we all use every day that are decently accurate like Google voice search on Android, Ford Sync, etc. work well because the person using them knows that they're using a voice to text system and they speak slowly and clearly, usually using common phrases. Dispatchers, not so much. Here is a link to a website where you can try Google's speech to text software:

HTML5 Presentation

You'll need to use a newer verion of the Chrome browser to use it. Instead of speaking into your microphone, use your Line In and feed it audio from your dispatch center. If your results are anything like mine, it doesn't work very well. There is a "backdoor" way to access the Google voice to text system, and I could implement this in TwoToneDetect, but I don't think the results are good enough to be useful for anyone. Give it a try with your audio and let me know if your results are any better. If it works well for enough people I can add it.

Andy
Andy

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Has anyone else gotten the "Index Error" in v58? I got it once today on one of two setups monitoring the same channel and hadn't seen it before with v58.

Thanks,

Andy

I've found the source of this error. If you're using the ignore_after parameter you may run into this. When the ignore_after timer expires, it re-reads the tone info from tones.cfg. If that happens to coincide with another tone set being detected or alerted on, those activities can conflict and cause this error. I'll work on a fix over the weekend.

Andy