New UNM Lifeguard Ops frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
Just heard UNM Lifeguard Helo Ops on 463.6875 PL173.8 NFM in Abq metro. Does anyone else have any additional new frequency info that might be in use for them? I am hearing Lifeguard-1 and Lifeguard-5 using the Med Channels. Specifically Med-1 for UNM Trauma Center inbound. This seems to be the new dispatch Ops channel for them if anyone else wants to confirm.

CorwinScansNM

I in fact just programmed this New Frequency that you posted here but without the 173.8 PL Tone. My Digital Scanner is stopping on this frequency & is appearing to be Trunked with what my Scanner is showing to be possible DMR with a DMR Color Code of 5. However, there is strangely no Voice or Audio Communications coming through on this frequency almost as if it is silently Trunked or Encrypted. It does not appear or seem to be Analog but instead Digital Trunked or Encrypted.

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
Try entering the CTCSS tone instead
of CSQ. I confirmed today again UNM Lifeguard Helo Ops on this frequency 463.6875 in Abq metro with a PL of 173.8. Appears to be FM not NFM. Helo’s are located at Atlantic Aviation located at the Airport. There may be additional businesses or users licensed to this frequency. But Lifeguard dispatch is Analog with a 173.8 PL assigned.

CorwinScansNM

On my end for some unknown or strange reason, I am hearing what I think is the active DMR system in Santa Fe that abqscan described earlier pulsing through with terrible & annoying DMR noises while I have the 463.6875 Analog Frequency Programmed under PL Tone 173.8 on my Digital Scanner. I hear these constant, annoying DMR pulsing sounds coming through when UNM Lifeguard is talking/communicating on this Frequency via my Uniden BCD536HP making it quite hard to hear or understand them when they are talking.

Is anyone else who is monitoring UNM Lifeguard Ops. Helicopter on, 463.6875 with PL Tone 173.8 also hearing & experiencing this problem that I am when trying to monitor & listen to UNM Lifeguard on this Frequency while they are talking/communicating?

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
It sounds like you are hearing the channel marker on the DMR system and that is interfering with your ability to montor the analog comms.

CorwinScansNM

It sounds like you are hearing the channel marker on the DMR system and that is interfering with your ability to montor the analog comms.

Yes, it sure does & sounds very possible from what you just explained. Any suggestions or ideas to fix this on my end because I am at a standstill on how to fix or eliminate this annoying problem when trying to monitor & listen to UNM Lifeguard Ops. Helicopter on, 463.6875 with PL Tone 173.8 due to the shared Frequency with the Santa Fe, NM DMR System which I in fact also just recently located & discovered on Digital Frequency Search under DMR Search for Santa Fe, NM?

463.6875FB675CODE 3 SERVICE, LLCSANTA FE
IG​
APPLICANT PROVIDES RADIO COMMUNICATION SERVICES

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to stop your scanner from listening to the interference. Unless the lifeguard ops goes digital too, you will be stuck listening to the DMR junk on the frequency.

CorwinScansNM

Yes, all is configured correctly on my BCD536HP as shown below.

Analog Only with a set CTCSS/PL Tone of 173.8Hz
Modulation: FM as Rad-1 explained earlier in post #3
Step is set to Auto

Note: I've uploaded a wav File with a manual Recording of the interfering DMR Radio Transmission Sound constantly coming through this shared Frequency when UNM Lifeguard Ops. is talking on it. It is not pleasant!

Does your scanner allow pl, dpl? If it's newer set it to analog only and use the pl or tone.

Attachments

• 2020-01-22_18-36-23.zip
    87.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.