New USSS radios?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
I seen a suburban that trump was getting into had a vhf mag mount by the back hatch. I assume to pull off when not needed. I’m curious if the lighting is permanent mounted to stuck to glass with 3m vhb tape.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
LED lighting gets hot in operation. With it placed in sunlight, even when partially obscured by low transmissible tint, it gets even hotter. VHB tape won't hold up and it is either direct physical mounted or magnetic mounted in a few cases where there is steel to connect to.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
A lot of upfitters that I know will mount the LED lighting behind installed behind window tint with 3 M tape when it will not be used much in covert vehicles and or an administrative type vehicle that is issued to people in the government who need that type of equipment. Others will back the 3M tape up with mounts also. Why the double mounting who knows.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
I've had both tape and screws/bolts for cars. I *think* the reasoning behind the tape with the screws is for temp placement prior to drilling. Of course, I also had a CVPI once that had the rear deck lights held in with freaking VELCRO (thank God for the cage on hard stops).

Attachments

• 20240724_093515.jpg
    20240724_093515.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 51

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
I've heard SS on local talkgroups here in Mississippi when Trump or whoever is here. Most of the time they communicate on Special Events talkgroups. Keep in mind they can talk on anything they want, much like USM.

Be safe
The worst to track here is DEA...On MSWIN, Harrison County EDACS, VHF, UHF and probably FRS 😅

2wayfreq

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if this can be answered or not. Are they on an encryption algorithm higher than AES256? Just curious.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind they can talk on anything they want, much like USM.
Not exactly. While they may have the technical capabilities to program their radios to many systems, they must go through the regular MOU agreements like any other public safety entity.

For protective details, they will still use their USSS VHF as the primary system.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
They get the talkgroups and all that sexy stuff done ahead of time. If u listen to MSWIN the 1st Wednesday of each month @0900 for the monthly radio roll call, u might be surprised as to who has what.
Not doubting that whatsoever. But trust me, they do not "talk on anything they want". They must ask for permission and follow protocols like any third party system user. In some systems, not saying this one necessarily, they actually pay subscriber fees.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Not doubting that whatsoever. But trust me, they do not "talk on anything they want". They must ask for permission and follow protocols like any third party system user. In some systems, not saying this one necessarily, they actually pay subscriber fees.
I don’t know why you are even bothering posting common sense stuff. The stuff being posted in this thread is so wildly inaccurate it’s comical.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
What's inaccurate?
Your post states that they can talk on anything they want, much like the USMS. Having worked for the federal government in radio comms for over 33 years, I can most certainly assure you that they cannot. I personally coordinated dozens of agreements with local and state partner systems and none of them let us "talk on anything we wanted". Some agencies even required county commission authorization prior to us getting access. That was my point.

Last edited:

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
Your post states that they can talk on anything they want, much like the USMS. Having worked for the federal government in radio comms for over 33 years, I can most certainly assure you that they cannot. I personally coordinated dozens of agreements with local and state partner systems and none of them let us "talk on anything we wanted". Some agencies even required county commission authorization prior to us getting access. That was my point.
Ok understand. Depends on how we look at it I suppose.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I think the original question was answered a long time ago. Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.