• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

(New Version) ANYTONE 6666 Pro

niceguy71

10.00” Long

6.25” Wide

2.00” High

15A w/modulation.

Mobile Power

That’s 10-AWG to power 20A circuit at less than .5 Volt Drop at dead-key for 20’ or less circuit length.

ANCOR Marine Grade 10/2 Duplex is $3.00/foot at retail store level. POS (fused) to BATT, and NEG to closest DC Ground (or BATT NEG fender post). Step-down, insulated & adhesive-lined heat-shrink butt connectors from 10/12 to 14/16-AWG to splice close into power cord, IMO.

Some extra length to wrap a few turns thru a fat toroid, ANCOR terminations plus maybe a cable gland to get thru firewall or a distribution panel, etc . . . 12V power starts at above $50 to build a factory-type harness and one needs a $100-bill set aside for tools/supply additions before system devices are added (if desired/needed) to be reasonable

You’ll be above $50 is the point. Don’t skimp.

A great set of ears needs dead-quiet 12V power. Radios like this need XHD low-resistance power to be at their best when things get hot & heavy in traffic.

Ask specifics on the install sub-forum.

I bought a 2nd Anytone 5555 N II for my mobile 6 months ago.... I keep meaning to take the President Grant export out of the truck and sell it and install the 5555 N II... but I want my old Grant to do some good range tests on youtube and some good skip videos to other countries so when I do sell it, people will see how nice it works...... and I've had it forever and it's never let me down.... but I hate filming! so it never gets done... I also like the way my old Grant fits in my mobile butI am not looking forward to changing all the brackets to fit the bigger 5555 N II my 5555 N II is Width, 7 7/8". Length, 12". Height, 2 3/8"
so for $300 bucks maybe I should get the 6666 Pro..... but the whole reason I was putting the 5555 N II into the mobile was I like to have the same base radio as my mobile.... once I get used to one, I can run either without even looking.... I never take my eyes off the road and change any settings by feel.... on the 5555 N II I can feel the volume button and go two buttons over and tap it three times to get from AM to LSB without taking my eyes off the road I can easily feel the clarifier and the squelch buttons without looking....
so buying the Pro 6666 would be easier on size but not meet my requirements of running the same radio in both, base and mobile.
but it's nice to think about, as it's really not a bad price for such a nice radio ( the Pro 6666)

I wonder what I could sell my two 5555 N II in the boxes for? probably $175 each? I swap my two radios out monthly to make sure they both work
so I could sell them both for $350 ( maybe ) and buy two Pro 6666 for $600.... so it would only cost me $250 to get a smaller radio..... but I almost never change... I'm amazed I sold my 148 GTL to buy the 5555 N II ( it was a no brainer I got double for the Cobra than the 5555 N II cost!) and it will be the same for the Grant... I will sell it for more money than I paid for the 5555 N II ( hopefully)

oh heck I'll just keep with my plan and keep the two 5555 N II's I already have... but thanks for the afternoons day dream SlowMover.

my Grant I think ( looking on line) is 7.88 wide in x 2.38 in thick x 9.25 in long .... my Grant stands up pretty tall right now and I have the back almost touching the floor..... adding 2.75 inches more????? I think you just sold me a Pro 6666.... I'll have to actually look at it and see how the display and buttons are.

Attachments

• Truck CB Final 9.jpg
    Truck CB Final 9.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 14
  • Truck CB Final 19.jpg
    Truck CB Final 19.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 15
  • truck CB half open half closed.jpg
    truck CB half open half closed.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

slowmover

Temporarily Banned
Timeout for bad behavior
I bought a 2nd Anytone 5555 N II for my mobile 6 months ago.... I keep meaning to take the President Grant export out of the truck and sell it and install the 5555 N II... but I want my old Grant to do some good range tests on youtube and some good skip videos to other countries so when I do sell it, people will see how nice it works...... and I've had it forever and it's never let me down.... but I hate filming! so it never gets done... I also like the way my old Grant fits in my mobile butI am not looking forward to changing all the brackets to fit the bigger 5555 N II my 5555 N II is Width, 7 7/8". Length, 12". Height, 2 3/8"
so for $300 bucks maybe I should get the 6666 Pro..... but the whole reason I was putting the 5555 N II into the mobile was I like to have the same base radio as my mobile.... once I get used to one, I can run either without even looking.... I never take my eyes off the road and change any settings by feel.... on the 5555 N II I can feel the volume button and go two buttons over and tap it three times to get from AM to LSB without taking my eyes off the road I can easily feel the clarifier and the squelch buttons without looking....
so buying the Pro 6666 would be easier on size but not meet my requirements of running the same radio in both, base and mobile.
but it's nice to think about, as it's really not a bad price for such a nice radio ( the Pro 6666)

I wonder what I could sell my two 5555 N II in the boxes for? probably $175 each? I swap my two radios out monthly to make sure they both work
so I could sell them both for $350 ( maybe ) and buy two Pro 6666 for $600.... so it would only cost me $250 to get a smaller radio..... but I almost never change... I'm amazed I sold my 148 GTL to buy the 5555 N II ( it was a no brainer I got double for the Cobra than the 5555 N II cost!) and it will be the same for the Grant... I will sell it for more money than I paid for the 5555 N II ( hopefully)

oh heck I'll just keep with my plan and keep the two 5555 N II's I already have... but thanks for the afternoons day dream SlowMover.

my Grant I think ( looking on line) is 7.88 wide in x 2.38 in thick x 9.25 in long .... my Grant stands up pretty tall right now and I have the back almost touching the floor..... adding 2.75 inches more????? I think you just sold me a Pro 6666.... I'll have to actually look at it and see how the display and buttons are.

Bracket Mounts

I think I’ve wound up with most of these.

Goofy Antenna, ain’t squat compared to a few bombproof radio mounts I’ve wrenched together.

You’ve seen the TAC Radio Carrier I use. One has to have more than Velcro or luggage straps.

Below is someone else’s install. Have to admire its clean appearance. Guarantee it needs something under the rear amp corners to help locate & cushion (rubber or Sorbothane) so as to prevent rocking. Triangulate & Isolate.

IMG_1903.jpeg

That’s a 1989-spec rig that’ll run hot, be juice-hungry, but will get out pretty nicely.

Your task would be far simpler as to achieving best test results at the end which outperform it in all but TX range (which he can’t RX). As it’s turned to low power, todays Export is superior in all ways, IMO. (Everyone needs to keep RF Power adjusted “low”, generally. Not lowest.)

It’s a happy drive to borrow the neighbors truck to run to the country center and have permission to use such.

Last edited:

niceguy71

8” look.

the 6666 PRO is 9.84 inches long ......6.25 inches wide and 1.9 inches thick.....

the width and thickness of my old Grant doesn't bother me ( same as my 5555 N II ) .....

the length is about the same in the 6666 PRO and the 5555 N II SHORT (10 inches)......
so either will be about 3/4" longer than my old Grant
so seeing both are about 10 inches ....... I think I'll get the 5555 N II short as I like the bigger display MUCH BETTER...... the 5555 N II has plenty of power for me.
I just watched Mower Junkie 's youtube video comparing the 6666 and the 5555 N II.... most of the buttons are about the same so I guess I could run both and not get too confused... and the new Pro 6666 has sooo much power!..... but the more power a radio has the shorter they seem to last??? and all the power in a smaller radio ( the 6666 ) will cause it to run hot..... my 5555 N II never gets hot.
I'll figure out which one to pick another day..... what a great time to be alive .... so many choices!

Last edited:

niceguy71

Short case also has new features.

CW, and can run FT8 among other things new.
I honestly don't even know what CW or FT8 is.... I just want a nice CB with good ears and 20 to 30 watts.... Not into all the other stuff.... Maybe down the road I'll learn... When I get my ham license I plan to do a lot more playing.... But I'm very content right now

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
I clicked through on Scott's video and saw the other video showing the new shorter N II... and now I'm pissed because I just bought the Q5 N II not that long ago and have been whinging about how it didn't have the programmable weather channel freqs that ARES II has.

I did also notice the huge open space inside when converting it and thought that was a bit of a waste. I get it though, it's the same common chassis size all exports have used since the good old days. But shorter does make sense.

Guess my current N II is for sale now. Wonder if they fixed the custom roger beep programming too...

niceguy71

I clicked through on Scott's video and saw the other video showing the new shorter N II... and now I'm pissed because I just bought the Q5 N II not that long ago and have been whinging about how it didn't have the programmable weather channel freqs that ARES II has.

I did also notice the huge open space inside when converting it and thought that was a bit of a waste. I get it though, it's the same common chassis size all exports have used since the good old days. But shorter does make sense.

Guess my current N II is for sale now. Wonder if they fixed the custom roger beep programming too...
I was thinking of selling my 5555 N ÍI also.... But you can now buy the long version for $167 with free shipping.,... So what are we going to get for it??? A $100 bucks?????.,. For that I'll keep it has a spare base..... Or give it away to a friend.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806988585960.html?src=google&src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=708-803-3821&slnk=&plac=&mtctp=&albbt=Google_7_shopping&gclsrc=aw.ds&albagn=888888&isSmbAutoCall=false&needSmbHouyi=false&src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=708-803-3821&slnk=&plac=&mtctp=&albbt=Google_7_shopping&gclsrc=aw.ds&albagn=888888&ds_e_adid=&ds_e_matchtype=&ds_e_device=m&ds_e_network=x&ds_e_product_group_id=&ds_e_product_id=en3256806988585960&ds_e_product_merchant_id=5377579015&ds_e_product_country=US&ds_e_product_language=en&ds_e_product_channel=online&ds_e_product_store_id=&ds_url_v=2&albcp=19413040701&albag=&isSmbAutoCall=false&needSmbHouyi=false&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwnei0BhB-EiwAA2xuBhc5uysRaPBWe9QF1osUz_rMAprxz8nNkjl4AVgv__kQ_Pkk-xbWrxoCM8AQAvD_BwE&aff_fcid=d04d0254842e40468d99d887f4cd5d12-1721377518254-02379-UneMJZVf&aff_fsk=UneMJZVf&aff_platform=aaf&sk=UneMJZVf&aff_trace_key=d04d0254842e40468d99d887f4cd5d12-1721377518254-02379-UneMJZVf&terminal_id=e4245a7abe78446ea0ac75a88410b32c&afSmartRedirect=n&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

Dr_DX

I posted this in a different Forum but it is good info to have here too.

AT-6666 Pro Mic wiring info:

Totally different than AT-6666 mic wiring

6 pin Mic connector - only 4 wires needed

pin 1 = Audio (White wire stock mic)
pin 2 = N/C
pin 3 = TX (Red wire stock mic)
pin 4 = PF/UP/DN buttons (Blue wire stock mic)
pin 5 = Audio Shield & Circuit ground (Bare copper stock mic)
pin 6 = N/C (no voltage measured RX/TX)

PF Button = pin 4 > 33k resistor >Mom switch > ground
UP Button = pin 4 > 15K 1% resistor > Mom Switch > ground
DN Button = pin 4 > 8.2K resistor > Mom switch > ground

PTT = Pin 3 > Mic Key switch > ground

Pin 3 & 4 (TX & Channels) have a .01uF capacitor to ground
Pin 1 (Audio) has a .47uF capacitor to ground

Qixiang finally got smart and moved the Ch buttons off of the TX line. No more Ch/Freq change when you key/unkey the radio.

73's
Dr_DX

8 total RB's. 6 preprogramed and 2 Blank. Using the PC software and a programing cable, you can modify any of them. 14 tones per RB, each tone up to 2.55 sec. long for a potential total of 35.7 seconds. That can be repeated 10 times.

For the truly obnoxious, you could conceivably create a 5 minute 57 second long Roger Beep.

Observations:

"ANL" only works in AM mode - even if programmed in PC software for other modes. ANL is very effective on AM.

Clarifier only works in SSB mode.

Clarifier has "Dead Space" - Anywhere between 11:45 and 12:15, the clarifier is center slot; doesn't shift. Past those 2 points, Freq Display will show a shift in 10Hz increments (Clarifier range set to +/- 500Hz). Very Slick!

With PD = Off, remembers last settings for each Freq./Channel (mode, NB/ANL/HiCut/RxNR/TxNR, etc.

Setup custom scans. Ex. D band ch 1-34 = AM, NB/ANL, Hicut, RxNR, etc. ch35-40 = LSB, NB, Hicut, RxNR, TxNR, etc. When Scanning, settings will change with Ch/freq.

3 AC Fuses??? Pigtail has a 15a 250v AC fuse in positive lead. Power cord has 15a 250v AC fuse in both leads. WTH??? Change to SFE/AGC 20a 32v at least. Do a before and after comparison with INDIC set to "DC" on Full power SSB TX to see the difference in v drop.

eSSB capability

Stock wire is 2.0mm (between 12 & 13 gauge). Upgrade to true 12AWG or even 10AWG (along with fuse upgrade).

Owners Manual says "Menu" when it should be "Func".

I am sure there is more, but this is a start.

73's
Dr_DX

slowmover

Temporarily Banned
Timeout for bad behavior
Power cord has 15a 250v AC fuse in both leads. WTH??? Change to SFE/AGC 20a 32v at least. Do a before and after comparison with INDIC set to "DC" on Full power SSB TX to see the difference in v drop.

Stock wire is 2.0mm (between 12 & 13 gauge). Upgrade to true 12AWG or even 10AWG (along with fuse upgrade

I may not need the rest of the info (I stay out), but this pair is gold.

My V.1 Q5 has OEM power cord cut to a minimum with bigger spliced in. No fuse past BATT.

Welcome!

Biggest hit of WWII

Went to college in San’tone nearly fifty years ago.
Of course there’s a girl whom I still miss.

Time only seems to exist.

With radio we speak to the ages.

Last edited:

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
I posted this in a different Forum but it is good info to have here too.

AT-6666 Pro Mic wiring info:

Totally different than AT-6666 mic wiring

6 pin Mic connector - only 4 wires needed

pin 1 = Audio (White wire stock mic)
pin 2 = N/C
pin 3 = TX (Red wire stock mic)
pin 4 = PF/UP/DN buttons (Blue wire stock mic)
pin 5 = Audio Shield & Circuit ground (Bare copper stock mic)
pin 6 = N/C (no voltage measured RX/TX)

PF Button = pin 4 > 33k resistor >Mom switch > ground
UP Button = pin 4 > 15K 1% resistor > Mom Switch > ground
DN Button = pin 4 > 8.2K resistor > Mom switch > ground

PTT = Pin 3 > Mic Key switch > ground

Pin 3 & 4 (TX & Channels) have a .01uF capacitor to ground
Pin 1 (Audio) has a .47uF capacitor to ground

Qixiang finally got smart and moved the Ch buttons off of the TX line. No more Ch/Freq change when you key/unkey the radio.

73's
Dr_DX

8 total RB's. 6 preprogramed and 2 Blank. Using the PC software and a programing cable, you can modify any of them. 14 tones per RB, each tone up to 2.55 sec. long for a potential total of 35.7 seconds. That can be repeated 10 times.

For the truly obnoxious, you could conceivably create a 5 minute 57 second long Roger Beep.

Observations:

"ANL" only works in AM mode - even if programmed in PC software for other modes. ANL is very effective on AM.

Clarifier only works in SSB mode.

Clarifier has "Dead Space" - Anywhere between 11:45 and 12:15, the clarifier is center slot; doesn't shift. Past those 2 points, Freq Display will show a shift in 10Hz increments (Clarifier range set to +/- 500Hz). Very Slick!

With PD = Off, remembers last settings for each Freq./Channel (mode, NB/ANL/HiCut/RxNR/TxNR, etc.

Setup custom scans. Ex. D band ch 1-34 = AM, NB/ANL, Hicut, RxNR, etc. ch35-40 = LSB, NB, Hicut, RxNR, TxNR, etc. When Scanning, settings will change with Ch/freq.

3 AC Fuses??? Pigtail has a 15a 250v AC fuse in positive lead. Power cord has 15a 250v AC fuse in both leads. WTH??? Change to SFE/AGC 20a 32v at least. Do a before and after comparison with INDIC set to "DC" on Full power SSB TX to see the difference in v drop.

eSSB capability

Stock wire is 2.0mm (between 12 & 13 gauge). Upgrade to true 12AWG or even 10AWG (along with fuse upgrade).

Owners Manual says "Menu" when it should be "Func".

I am sure there is more, but this is a start.

73's
Dr_DX
Good stuff but my questions were about the 5555N II new short version that @slowmover brought up. One could hope they did the same PTT/UP/DN fixes there too!

niceguy71

I might get the 6666 Pro in 6 months ( I don't like to be a Guinea pig ) but I have yet to see how to do the 11 meter conversion??? on it....is it the same as the old Anytone 6666???

niceguy71

well Radioddity is putting the

Radioddity QT80 ( Anytone 6666 PRO clone)​

up for sale on August 06 2044.... these will be selling fast!

slowmover

Temporarily Banned
Timeout for bad behavior
Washington or George 2 for my pickup.

And maybe QT-80 in big truck.
Pare down the total size of the rig.
Be able to fit it all into an Apache 4800 Transport Case (buy at Harbor Freight).

I know 6666 is aimed at the DX SSB crowd, but if that means better AM sensitivity I’ll be interested.

That it runs hot is a concern.
(Old version was same way).

Last edited:

niceguy71

Washington or George 2 for my pickup.

And maybe QT-80 in big truck.
Pare down the total size of the rig.
Be able to fit it all into an Apache 4800 Transport Case (buy at Harbor Freight).

I know 6666 is aimed at the DX SSB crowd, but if that means better AM sensitivity I’ll be interested.

That it runs hot is a concern.
(Old version was same way).

I'm also not a fan of the old 6666.... ( but I don't know why as I have not had one and have nothing to base my dislike for them ) maybe just too much stuff in a small package? I heard many times it's HOT to the touch... but people have been using them on a daily basis for several years now and they seem to keep on working..... other than the knobs failing after a year I really don't hear too many dying.
I'm waiting till I sell my Grant before I buy my new mobile radio.... and right now, I honestly can't decide on the Pro or the Short 5555 ..... shame I ever bought the 5555 long version for the mobile... but who would have thought we would see such a change in a year.