Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravo-Romeo

Hi ALL
I have been registared for site for 2 weeks and have been reading alot before my 1st post,
firstly thank you and big hello for acceptance and very good site /forum and alot of good info/reading.
now for the problem i have ....lol not a great start
i bought the new Uniden BCT15X scanner for use in the UK ..I got it all out off box and locked out all the American preloaded frequencies , set up homebvase with good outside scanner aerial .
All was going well < i programmed the scanner to my local frequencies and was listening away to local stuff .
i bought a mobile aerial and with the same frequencies all was good .
NOW FOR PROBLEM
My oldest son thinks he is a wizard on computers and techy stuff , so he got scanner connected to computer and downloaded Freescan , so i could use computer to enter frequencies easily via Freescan , so i looked at it and seen that it was sort off ok ( im an eldery man who is fighting cancer and have lost all the feelings in my hands and legs , so i cant move or do much at min as im just finished chemo last few months , and after nearly 3 years of the big C if hopefully have it beatin , YES !!!! )
I went to bed as he seemed to know what he was doing .
i got note left to say that all was ok and he uploaded new firmware that he seen on a web site 1.03.00 < which was stated as newish firmware for this unit .NOW yous can see my problem ...wrong Firmware as these units are standard 1.03.02 , never let my son touch my stuff again and most frustrating is that i have not been able to receive anything on scanner from it happened !!!
it will store my frequencies ( the one i used to hear ) , it is scanning ok , but i cant get any comms at all ..
i have tried on multi aerials , which i know are ok , ..PLZ PLZ PLZ as im house bound and love what i do with scanner and it passes time < any help , info or link to firmware 1.03.02 would be good or any other advice plz
Many Thanks for reading and possible help BILL

Status
Not open for further replies.